4.0/166 + retake

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Aawaldrop

4.0/166 + retake

Postby Aawaldrop » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 am

I took the LSAT in October (166) and retook it in December and expect at least a few points higher.
I have a 4.0 in a double degree program in Physics and Mathematics (B.S. in both) School grades on a ABCD scale.
The reason I am posting this is to see if that my choice of degrees will influence anything in terms of better odds of admission.
In addition for a soft I have 2 years experience doing Physics research (one of my primary references).
So what are my chances and if there is a possibility of scholarships? (Applying for Fall 2013)

My List:
UVA
Texas
U of Washington (Seattle)
Michigan
Stanford
Chicago
William and Mary

Thanks

TripTrip

Re: 4.0/166 + retake

Postby TripTrip » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

Aawaldrop wrote:The reason I am posting this is to see if that my choice of degrees will influence anything in terms of better odds of admission.
No, except that your 4.0 GPA will look better having been in majors with a traditionally lower GPA.

Aawaldrop wrote:So what are my chances

I'm going to stop you right there and tell you to wait for your LSAT.

Break 170, go anywhere and get scholarships. Fail to break 170 and you'll hit and miss for schools eating reverse splitters.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:45 am

Aawaldrop wrote:I took the LSAT in October (166) and retook it in December and expect at least a few points higher.
I have a 4.0 in a double degree program in Physics and Mathematics (B.S. in both) School grades on a ABCD scale.
The reason I am posting this is to see if that my choice of degrees will influence anything in terms of better odds of admission.
In addition for a soft I have 2 years experience doing Physics research (one of my primary references).
So what are my chances and if there is a possibility of scholarships? (Applying for Fall 2013)

My List:
UVA
Texas
U of Washington (Seattle)
Michigan
Stanford
Chicago
William and Mary

Thanks

I am just putting this out there, but if you can maintain a 4.0 in a physics and mathmatics double major, why are you going to law school?

Are you a URM at all? Your 4.0 will be very desirable for all schools, and a 166 puts you in Texas and down, I think it gets you a nice shot at UVA and Michigan with money. Stanford is an interesting one. Obviously you would prefer a 170 for them, but the soft factor of your major of choice would sway me(albeit, I am not adcomms). (honestly, I can't get over why you would choose law school ._.) I would wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer these. But i believe you will see scholarship money thrown at you for all of these schools.

Aawaldrop

Postby Aawaldrop » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 am

Thanks for the replies
TripTrip: Thanks for the input that's the feeling I've gotten from lurking around here. Just hard not to get ahead of myself while completing apps and writing personal statements and essays.

Dmini7: Not a URM. Law school is a personal choice. Although I do enjoy learning Physics, after getting first hand experience of research in both the theoretical and experimental side I lost a lot of interest in pursuing it as a career. Also wanting to be a lawyer helps my decision.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:35 am

Aawaldrop wrote:Just hard not to get ahead of myself

I know what you mean; it's on my mind a lot too. 4.0/168, retook in Dec. and waiting for results with you.

Best not to think about it. Nothing you can do to change the score now!

Return to “What are my chances?”