Is UIUC reverse splitter friendly?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
itachiuchiha

Is UIUC reverse splitter friendly?

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am

3.8 GPA 158 LSAT
^ just a hypothetical so please do not suggest RETAKE

non-URM ED

I've read that a high gpa can overcome a low score on lsat

Nova

Re: Is UIUC reverse splitter friendly?

Postby Nova » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 am

It can.

If you have a 3.8 and a high 150s LSAT, there will likely be a midwest state T1 school that bites. They are all potentially reverse splitter friendly.

Try Minn/Wisc/Ill/Iowa/Ind

Not sure on specifics for UIUC though.

Keep working on that LSAT though!!!

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 am

Nova wrote:It can.

If you have a 3.8 and a high 150s LSAT, there will likely be a midwest state T1 school that bites. They are all potentially reverse splitter friendly.

Try Minn/Wisc/Ill/Iowa/Ind

Not sure on specifics for UIUC though.

Keep working on that LSAT though!!!

wow, just looked over those midwest state schools, each seems to be a nice fit and they seem to favor high gpa. thanks

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:32 pm

You're not a reverse splitter, you are just someone who hasn't retaken the LSAT yet.

I wouldn't attend any of these schools short of a full scholarship, which you won't be getting with you LSAT score. High GPAs are a dime a dozen. Get the LSAT to a 165+ and you could be in a very good situation to A) attend higher ranked schools with vastly better employment or B) attend UIUC with a full ride.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 pm

TheThriller wrote:You're not a reverse splitter, you are just someone who hasn't retaken the LSAT yet.

I wouldn't attend any of these schools short of a full scholarship, which you won't be getting with you LSAT score. High GPAs are a dime a dozen. Get the LSAT to a 165+ and you could be in a very good situation to A) attend higher ranked schools with vastly better employment or B) attend UIUC with a full ride.

thanks for the suggestion. thankfully that was just a hypothetical score, I haven't really gotten that score, I take the LSAT for the first time in June and hopefully will get that 165+

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
TheThriller wrote:You're not a reverse splitter, you are just someone who hasn't retaken the LSAT yet.

thanks for the suggestion. thankfully that was just a hypothetical score, I haven't really gotten that score, I take the LSAT for the first time in June and hopefully will get that 165+

better get off TLS and start studying then! Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”