What are my chances? 3.3-156

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LoneRangers

What are my chances? 3.3-156

Postby LoneRangers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 am

3.3 GPA with 156 LSAT.

Louisville
Montana
West Virginia
Stetson
Michigan State

I am from the east coast, grew up in small town and would like to go somewhere very different from where I grew up.

Debt is not an issue.

rad lulz

Re: What are my chances? 3.3-156

Postby rad lulz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 am

Retake or don't go.

The time to experience a new place was college.

Don't go to a regional school in a region you're not from because it will be much harder to get a job.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 am

LoneRangers wrote:Debt is not an issue.

Riiiiiiight.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 am

LoneRangers wrote:3.3 GPA with 156 LSAT.

Louisville
Montana
West Virginia
Stetson
Michigan State

I am from the east coast, grew up in small town and would like to go somewhere very different from where I grew up.

Debt is not an issue.

RE: Stetson

I tutor LSAT around the Tampa Bay Area, and one of the things I do on my first meeting with a new student is explain to them how tuition and merit aid works at schools, and just how much debt they can expect to get at various schools with LSAT X and their GPA.

Unless you have strong personal family ties with the personal injury firms in Tampa AND actually aspire to work in that field, Stetson isn't going to offer you enough merit aid to ever make it a worthwhile investment.

Don't make your parents pay for your stupidity. You'll probably get admitted to all those schools this cycle, but you'll be heavily in debt at all of them as well, and without a job. Going to a regional school in a region you've never lived is a bad idea. You should have done that "growing up" in undergrad. Law school isn't the time to venture out and get some worldly experience--it's to set you up for what hopefully will be a legal job when you graduate.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:43 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
LoneRangers wrote:3.3 GPA with 156 LSAT.

Louisville
Montana
West Virginia
Stetson
Michigan State

Debt is not an issue.

RE: Stetson

I tutor LSAT around the Tampa Bay Area, and one of the things I do on my first meeting with a new student is explain to them how tuition and merit aid works at schools, and just how much debt they can expect to get at various schools with LSAT X and their GPA.

Unless you have strong personal family ties with the personal injury firms in Tampa AND actually aspire to work in that field, Stetson isn't going to offer you enough merit aid to ever make it a worthwhile investment.

Don't make your parents pay for your stupidity. You'll probably get admitted to all those schools this cycle, but you'll be heavily in debt at all of them as well, and without a job. Going to a regional school in a region you've never lived is a bad idea. You should have done that "growing up" in undergrad. Law school isn't the time to venture out and get some worldly experience--it's to set you up for what hopefully will be a legal job when you graduate.

This. Unless you've already made so much money that you can be an eccentric non-trad going to law school for fun.

Return to “What are my chances?”