Military Soft

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Re: Military Soft

Postby dingbat » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:22 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Lear22 wrote:I never said it will (as I wrote in my initial reply to this post). I do think however that it's a unique factor. I'm not trying to make more of it that what it is. That said, I think it has merit that most (i.e hardly any) one else will have.

I agree. I'm just saying it won't make a big difference

In my case I need any edge I can get and I'm trying to outperform as much as I can

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 pm

From the feedback I've been getting, the military soft will help you outf perform your numbers by a good amount at some schools and little to none at all at other schools. A few people have PM'ed me with their information because they didn't want to put their personal business out there but several people have told me they have been accepted to schools that they were well below their 25th percentile on both the LSAT and GPA. I think a lot of it has to do with the school you apply to though. I think some schools could care less about your military service while others will put more weight on that.

Postby Bfalcon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 pm

I concur with you on this. Some will care, some won't. That said, it's always how you sell yourself. After the numbers, a good PS can make a military soft look incredible.

@Lear22, what are you planning on doing for your PS? Definitely hit on your service in one of the PS or DS.

Return to “What are my chances?”