Where should I apply/chances | 3.66 GPA & 164 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Coveted

Where should I apply/chances | 3.66 GPA & 164 LSAT

Postby Coveted » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 am

I am currently sitting with a 158 from October. I just got done with the December LSAT. I know I really shouldn't play hypotheticals now, but my target score is a 164. I am almost certain, barring some bad gaff that I will end up scoring above a 160 on this most recent LSAT. I would like an idea of where I should be preparing Apps to while I wait for my score.

I hold a 3.66 GPA.

My only positive is that I have 3/4 years work/intern experience in a law firm.

I am from NJ and I plan to attend a school in driving range, I don't like living in the city, and I am a prestige whore.

My ideal school would be Boston College or Washington & Lee. My fall back school would be Rutgers Newark w/ money + instate tuition, though I don't think I would be happy there.

Barring a score near my target what would you do? (I know I'm opening myself up to sarcastic remarks, but oh well)

Thanks!

Gator_Law

Re: Where should I apply/chances | 3.66 GPA & 164 LSAT

Postby Gator_Law » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

So you don't have an LSAT score and want us to tell you what schools you should apply to even though you already listed the schools you are interested in.

I don't even...

Coveted

Postby Coveted » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Gator_Law wrote:So you don't have an LSAT score and want us to tell you what schools you should apply to even though you already listed the schools you are interested in.

I don't even...

Actually if you read the post I do have an LSAT score.

I am not too worried about my chances, I am more or less trying to get an opinion on what schools other TLS'rs would apply too in the North-East region.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Coveted wrote:
Gator_Law wrote:So you don't have an LSAT score and want us to tell you what schools you should apply to even though you already listed the schools you are interested in.

I don't even...

Actually if you read the post I do have an LSAT score.

I am not too worried about my chances, I am more or less trying to get an opinion on what schools other TLS'rs would apply too in the North-East region.

You have a 158....so you might as well not have a score. Either way, go to http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com and figure it out.

Coveted

Postby Coveted » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I like BC and W&L but from what I have been seeing even if I acquired a 164 I would still be a long-shot.

My fall back is Rutgers and with my current 158 I know I wont have a problem.

Though, in order to be ready for my new score, I am preparing APPS now so i can submit them when it comes.

I am predicting a score between 160-164, if I do better great, but I am trying to be realistic. With that information in mind, I am asking fellow TLS'rs where they would prepare applications too if they were in my position. Are there any schools worthwhile outside of W&L or BC that would possibly bring someone in with my potential LSAT score.

If I just sit around and wait for my score to come out I will be even further behind in the cycle...

In This Economy?

Postby In This Economy? » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Coveted wrote:I am currently sitting with a 158 from October. I just got done with the December LSAT. I know I really shouldn't play hypotheticals now, but my target score is a 164. I am almost certain, barring some bad gaff that I will end up scoring above a 160 on this most recent LSAT. I would like an idea of where I should be preparing Apps to while I wait for my score.

I hold a 3.66 GPA.

My only positive is that I have 3/4 years work/intern experience in a law firm.

I am from NJ and I plan to attend a school in driving range, I don't like living in the city, and I am a prestige whore.

My ideal school would be Boston College or Washington & Lee. My fall back school would be Rutgers Newark w/ money + instate tuition, though I don't think I would be happy there.

Barring a score near my target what would you do? (I know I'm opening myself up to sarcastic remarks, but oh well)

Thanks!

In this economy?

The-Specs

Postby The-Specs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 pm

I think you have a solid chance at BC if you nail down the 164. If you are in Jersey why not Seton Hall? At a 164 you are looking at serious $$.

Return to “What are my chances?”