Please help! Need advice!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ena

New

Please help! Need advice!

Postby ena » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

This is my current situation I have B.S (GPA 3.0) and M.S. (GPA 4.0). My goal is to go into patent law. I would like to get into one of the top 50(60) schools. However, I have been practicing and my median LSAT score is 156-157. I realize that with my undergrad GPA and this LSAT score my chances are slim. I am registered for Saturday's LSAT and I don't know wether to take it and just hope that I will do better than my average? Or should I just cancel, study some more, take LSAT June and apply next cycle.

Please help!

What would you do?

xmking07

New

Re: Please help! Need advice!

Postby xmking07 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Many schools have started shifting towards taking the highest LSAT score you have attained in the past 5 years. You could take it and keep the score. If you feel you didn't do as well as you want, you can retake with only excluding yourself from roughly the top 5 or so schools. If i were in your shoes, I would certainly keep prepping after this LSAT and retake in Feb. What classes or books have you used to prep with? Testmasters, Powescore, Velocity, Manhattan LSAT, etc?

rad lulz

Platinum

Postby rad lulz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Nova

Platinum

Postby Nova » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:30 pm

should I just cancel, study some more, take LSAT June and apply next cycle.

Yes. You need to wait, and max out your potential.

With a 3.0 youre going to need to do alot better than mid 150s to put yourself in a good position. Youre not getting into solid TT schools (UHLC/SMU) with a sub 160 and a 3.0.

Return to “What are my chances??