Is Yale Trolling Me?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
paglababa

Silver

Re: Is Yale Trolling Me?

Postby paglababa » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Bumping this for 2013 to see what TLSers think. I got a packet encouraging me to apply but I am thinking they send it to anyone in a certain score range if they are a minority (?). I'm not a URM, simply not white, so I'm guessing it's just sent as part of their diversity program and it bears no significance. I've got a 171/3.9 and seeing how odds are 10% based on mylsn, was wondering if it would be a waste of $100.

kosullivan23

New

Postby kosullivan23 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:48 pm

I got an email from them today encouraging me to apply and it said something about sending a package also. The email also invited me to sign up for some webinar they're having. My numbers are below both 25ths. I'm a non URM Hispanic so I don't think its worth it all to apply, but seems a little weird since I doubt yale needs more applications since they'll always be at the top of the rankings no matter what.

Ti Malice

Gold

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 pm

paglababa wrote:Bumping this for 2013 to see what TLSers think. I got a packet encouraging me to apply but I am thinking they send it to anyone in a certain score range if they are a minority (?). I'm not a URM, simply not white, so I'm guessing it's just sent as part of their diversity program and it bears no significance. I've got a 171/3.9 and seeing how odds are 10% based on mylsn, was wondering if it would be a waste of $100.

I'd definitely apply. People with your numbers do get accepted, and I wouldn't want to have any regrets down the line.

aboutmydaylight

Silver

Postby aboutmydaylight » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Just got a packet via snail mail from Yale as well. 168/173 MA Male. 3.9x GPA but I haven't submitted transcripts so my profile would only say 3.75+ or whatever. I was kind of on the fence about applying there because of my weak softs but this might get me to do it as a hail marry.

paglababa

Silver

Postby paglababa » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:06 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:Just got a packet via snail mail from Yale as well. 168/173 MA Male. 3.9x GPA but I haven't submitted transcripts so my profile would only say 3.75+ or whatever. I was kind of on the fence about applying there because of my weak softs but this might get me to do it as a hail marry.

Dude do it!! Youve got better stats than me and are a MA too. You've got a solid shot provided your statement and recs are solid.

cotiger

Gold

Postby cotiger » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:03 pm

It's not just URMs. I got the same packet and email.

Including all of those sample PS's and Yale 250's in there was kind of bizarre.

wtrc

Gold

Postby wtrc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Ugh Yale why do you tempt me like this. Got the same.

Really need to do some 250 brainstorming, and some re-reading of Asha's blog.

With 3 takes of the LSAT and a lower-than-it-could-be GPA, my chances aren't great, but enough to be worth the $100, so I'm not asking myself "what if" for the rest of my life...

Ti Malice

Gold

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:Just got a packet via snail mail from Yale as well. 168/173 MA Male. 3.9x GPA but I haven't submitted transcripts so my profile would only say 3.75+ or whatever. I was kind of on the fence about applying there because of my weak softs but this might get me to do it as a hail marry.

On the fence!? Apply, you fool!

Return to “What are my chances??