International Student, 167 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
magictheatre

New

International Student, 167 LSAT

Post by magictheatre » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 am

I couldn't really find anyone else with my background on the site so any input is highly appreciated. I have studied law and business administration from India and have been working as a corporate lawyer at an MNC, with offices in the US & UK also and would be known in the market in both countries, for the last two years. Did give the LSAT last year without any prep and scored really badly (will never make that mistake again) but in my defense I had just got my green card like a month before. Am taking the LSAT again in December 2012 and expect between 165 and 170 (scoring on an average w/o including correct guesses at 167). LSAC evaluated my transcript as "superior" which I'm not very convinced counts towards much.

I cant decide between my definite schools and may accept me schools (t14 schools). Some schools I have talked to have said the past law experience is a really good thing and some have said its a just a good thing. No one expect northwestern has said the experience and degree don't matter at all. I am particularly interested in chicago and michigan. I also have family in both places to prove I'm not a flight risk.

Help!!!
Last edited by magictheatre on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Re: International Student, 165-170 LSAT Range

Post by somewhatwayward » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

Your post is missing a lot of info. First, come back with a real LSAT score. Second, what is your old LSAT score? Lastly, why are you not counting correct guesses in calculating your LSAT score?

magictheatre

New

Post by magictheatre » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 am

ok... well my last score was 148 and I'm scoring an average of 167 now. A real lsat score will happen only after the december test by and im trying to get some info before I finish applying.

As far as not including guesses goes... I consider them a bonus which you may or may not get on the actual test. Including them does not give someone a real indication of what their score might be.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

magictheatre wrote:ok... well my last score was 148 and I'm scoring an average of 167 now. A real lsat score will happen only after the december test by and im trying to get some info before I finish applying.
Apply to any school you want to attend where you are at or above the LSAT median. Chances to be admitted below the median are very slim.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”