166/3.67 ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
krookard

New

166/3.67 ED?

Post by krookard » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Applying straight from college (UVA). 3.67 LSDAS GPA with a significantly lower degree GPA due to transfer last year.
I've spent hours looking at the numbers but I would prefer to end up in DC or NY and it seems my stats are best suited to schools that seem very far out (Emory, Minnesota, Washington). Right now I'm just waiting on LORs to come in and finishing personal statement before sending out apps.

George Washington seems to be one of my best options. Is it worth it to ED there possibly giving me a better chance or does the potential cost make that a bad option? I really want to go into public interest so money is definitely a factor.

Any advice on ED or which schools I should be focusing on??

florida1949

Bronze

Re: 166/3.67 ED?

Post by florida1949 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:57 am

GW ED is a full tuition scholarship if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not sure if your numbers are good enough to be competitive for that.

With your numbers, I would not ED anywhere. I think your best play is to apply broadly and try to get as much $$$ as possible.

EDIT: I would not ED because ED'ing is unlikely to get you into a good enough school to justify paying sticker

Return to “What are my chances?”