3.25/160

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
red52

3.25/160

Postby red52 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 am

Well... I haven't taken my LSAT yet (scheduled for Dec 1st), but i'm scoring about 160, and I do very well under pressure so I doubt it will fall, in fact i'm hopeful it will rise.

Anyways, I wrote an addendum for my GPA, since for the first two years of college I played college football and it took a large toll on my ability to keep a GPA I deemed acceptable. Although I know this will not make up for a low GPA, I know it might push me over the top if i'm on the boarder for a certain institution. Since it is in my record that my GPA leaped significantly after I stopped playing (I wish I never played to be honest).

I also have a very strong personal statement, and my EC's are a long list to say the least (though I know these don't really matter).

My top schools are:
UW, Rutgers (either), Penn State, Arizona, Hastings

probably a long shot for most of those, but i'm expecting to finish with a 3.3-3.4. Should I aim for a Feb. LSAT retake and try to score 165+ (assuming I don't score that Dec 1)?

Also, long time lurker... I love these forums. Also, i'd like to add that I know i'm a long shot for a few I named, but heck.. never hurt to try. (right?? lol)

llachans

Re: 3.25/160

Postby llachans » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 am

Maybe in at Penn. Probably in at Rutgers (but with no money).
Out at the rest (I would guess).

I really don't see you getting any scholarship money at those schools. Definitely retake.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am

llachans wrote:Maybe in at Penn. Probably in at Rutgers (but with no money).

I really don't see you getting any scholarship money at those schools. Definitely retake.

Whew... read that and was wondering why you thought he was in at Penn. Penn State. Right.

llachans

Postby llachans » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
Whew... read that and was wondering why you thought he was in at Penn. Penn State. Right.

:lol:

red52

Postby red52 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
llachans wrote:Maybe in at Penn. Probably in at Rutgers (but with no money).

yeah, i'm being slightly realistic as far as where I have at least a chance at. I know i'd be lower tier acceptances.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to take the December and see what happens, then i'll study hard through winter break and i'll be ready for a Feb retake i'm sure of it.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm

In at the beleagured Rutgers. Not sure that you need to even bother with the LSAT. Call & ask.

SEngland

Postby SEngland » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Case Western Reserve may toss some funds at you for a matric.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:58 pm

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 pm

You should stop plugging that asshole's thread.

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm

red52 wrote:Well... I haven't taken my LSAT yet (scheduled for Dec 1st), but i'm scoring about 160, and I do very well under pressure so I doubt it will fall, in fact i'm hopeful it will rise.

Anyways, I wrote an addendum for my GPA, since for the first two years of college I played college football and it took a large toll on my ability to keep a GPA I deemed acceptable. Although I know this will not make up for a low GPA, I know it might push me over the top if i'm on the boarder for a certain institution. Since it is in my record that my GPA leaped significantly after I stopped playing (I wish I never played to be honest).

I also have a very strong personal statement, and my EC's are a long list to say the least (though I know these don't really matter).

My top schools are:
UW, Rutgers (either), Penn State, Arizona, Hastings

probably a long shot for most of those, but i'm expecting to finish with a 3.3-3.4. Should I aim for a Feb. LSAT retake and try to score 165+ (assuming I don't score that Dec 1)?

Also, long time lurker... I love these forums. Also, i'd like to add that I know i'm a long shot for a few I named, but heck.. never hurt to try. (right?? lol)

Don't write an addendum. It just looks like an excuse. Instead, point out your strong upward grade trend somewhere in your PS, near the end. No more than a paragraph.

If by UW you mean Wisconsin, you might be fine. My class dropped the median to 162, and applications are down 20%. The school also enrolled 40 fewer students this year, so everyone is in panic mode. Worth a shot. I would seriously think about all the threads on here about the debt, though. Out of state at UW is still expensive, and while it's a good school, you're fairly confined to Wisconsin. Even then, you can't stay in Madison because it's too small to find work, Milwaukee is run by Marquette, going to Minneapolis is possible with top 15%, and Chicago is probably out of the question. You might be stuck here with no work.

I'd echo the conventional wisdom of February being too late. If you don't like where you're at after December, take in June and wait a cycle. A 170 can get you money that will make these sorts of schools worthwhile.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 pm

patrickd139 wrote:

False...this is the only sensible response to these obnoxious "What are my chances" threads

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:

False...this is the only sensible response to these obnoxious "What are my chances" threads

At the point when I posted that, rad had copied and pasted the thread link to 8 consecutive "What are my chances" threads in a row. And they were all on the front page of TLS.

Plus, there's an inside joke you're likely not picking up on.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:

At the point when I posted that, rad had copied and pasted the thread link to 8 consecutive "What are my chances" threads in a row. And they were all on the front page of TLS.

Plus, there's an inside joke you're likely not picking up on.

Nope...I'm way outside

Return to “What are my chances?”