166/3.93 w/UG and G in four years

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
AggieF&F

166/3.93 w/UG and G in four years

Postby AggieF&F » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I've looked at all the websites and see that these numbers generally result in a Waitlist or rejection for RD, and Acceptance/Waitlist with ED at UVa. UVa, has always been my "dream school," but it terrifies me to apply ED and lose any leverage I may have. I think the most compelling part of my application is I completed both my undergrad and grad degree in four years, which I think is a fairly strong soft. I'm not sure, however, whether or not it is compelling enough to look past the low LSAT score against other RD applicants.

I hope that's not too convoluted, and I appreciate any sort of insight.

bernaldiaz

Re: 166/3.93 w/UG and G in four years

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm

AggieF&F wrote:I've looked at all the websites and see that these numbers generally result in a Waitlist or rejection for RD, and Acceptance/Waitlist with ED at UVa. UVa, has always been my "dream school," but it terrifies me to apply ED and lose any leverage I may have. I think the most compelling part of my application is I completed both my undergrad and grad degree in four years, which I think is a fairly strong soft. I'm not sure, however, whether or not it is compelling enough to look past the low LSAT score against other RD applicants.

I hope that's not too convoluted, and I appreciate any sort of insight.

If you ED UVA you will almost certainly get it. The wisdom of that compared to a retake is questionable, but if you really want UVA, you should be good.

AggieF&F

Postby AggieF&F » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:23 pm

With those numbers, does anyone think the scholarship potential varies any between ED and RD?

jym_dawg

Postby jym_dawg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Scholarship potential always varies between ED and RD, but with your numbers LSN suggests you'd be unlikely to get a scholarship either way.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 am

I know it sucks to hear it, but retaking is probably your best option imo. If you score just a few points higher, you could be looking at a RD acceptance at UVA with $$.

How long did you study for the LSAT and what was your PT average?

Return to “What are my chances?”