10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shep33
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 pm

10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby shep33 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:08 am

.
Last edited by shep33 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby PDaddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:28 am

You are not screwed. Explain the drops in an addendum without whining or making too many excuses. Your reason(s) for the drops sound reasonable.

shep33
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby shep33 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 am

PDaddy wrote:You are not screwed. Explain the drops in an addendum without whining or making too many excuses. Your reason(s) for the drops sound reasonable.


Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely do that. I was just worried that this would basically nix my chances at most law schools :oops:

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby PDaddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 am

One tactic you might employ is "re-direction". That is, don't just tell the adcoms that the W's aren't indicative of your dedication and abilities, tell them what other aspects of your grade report they should focus on - such as those semesters/quarters in which you took unusually heavy course-loads, or your honors. If you can get a professor, financial aid counselor or academic counselor familiar with your outside commitments to write a letter for you speaking about the issue, that would be very helpful. Get those practice LSAT's up to 170+.

Good luck! :wink:

shep33
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby shep33 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:16 am

PDaddy wrote:One tactic you might employ is "re-direction". That is, don't just tell the adcoms that the W's aren't indicative of your dedication and abilities, tell them what other aspects of your grade report they should focus on - such as those semesters/quarters in which you took unusually heavy course-loads, or your honors. If you can get a professor, financial aid counselor or academic counselor familiar with your outside commitments to write a letter for you speaking about the issue, that would be very helpful. Get those practice LSAT's up to 170+.

Good luck! :wink:


Thanks again PDaddy! I'll definitely do that. I hope I can get my LSAT up. 24 more days.... :shock:

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Do you really have to write an addendum for Ws? Or is it because he has 10?

I had 4 Ws in my 4 years at UG. No reason other then, why not drop a class? It's a tool at your disposal, use it.

Younger Abstention
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby Younger Abstention » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 pm

I had 10 W's through a single undergraduate program. I explained nothing. It did not negatively affect my cycle.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Younger Abstention wrote:I had 10 W's through a single undergraduate program. I explained nothing. It did not negatively affect my cycle.

Thank ya sir.

shep33
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: 10 W's throughout two undergrad degrees... Am I screwed?

Postby shep33 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Wow, awesome. Thanks sinfiery and Younger Abstention, I thought I had no shot at any law schools. No addendum needed guys? Or should I just be safe and add one?



Hopefully I can bring my LSAT mark up a little more.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], yzhu72, Zambian and 2 guests