Does ED make any sense if you signed up for DEC retake?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
spyke123

Does ED make any sense if you signed up for DEC retake?

Postby spyke123 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:15 pm

hey guys

my stats : 166 this oct/3.9

I just signed up for dec retake because I have been practicing in 170s.. and feel that I underperformed on test day.. (subzones fml..)

i am also thinking about applying ED to penn before the nov 15 deadline.. Does anyone have any idea/have experience if penn would automatically defer my application to RD? or if they might actually make a decision to admit/reject me before my dec score comes out?

my goal is to attend the best school possible and i would be perfectly happy to attend penn at sticker. i would prefer to attend next year (i have been out of school for some time)
im just worried that applying in jan when the score comes out would greatly hurt my chance at top schools if i dont improve all that much..

any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Swimp

Re: Does ED make any sense if you signed up for DEC retake?

Postby Swimp » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm not an authority on this, but I would assume that:
-If your application is submitted and complete, admissions will evaluate the info they have, unless you tell them to wait for the Dec. LSAT results.
-If you ask them to wait for the Dec. LSAT results, your file will not be complete by the ED deadline, so it'll just be deferred to RD and maybe you'll look like you don't have your shit together and/or are confused by simple instructions.

Long story short: I don't think you actually can apply ED if you take the Dec. LSAT.

spyke123

Re: Does ED make any sense if you signed up for DEC retake?

Postby spyke123 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm

bump

Return to “What are my chances?”