AAF What are my chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
meemz

New

AAF What are my chances

Post by meemz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:03 pm

My Lsat score was 168

My gpa is really low. 2.5 I had a terrible sophomore year but had an upward trend my last year I got a 3.6 and 3.7 respectively. I had a harder course load that year and took additional 18 credits a semester instead of 16 an addition to auditing a class both semesters.

I'm confidant that U will have good LOR's two of the three will be from deans. One from the Dean of Students and the other from the Dean of Race and Ethnicity. I have excellent relationships with both and they have said that they will help to explain the issues affecting my low GPA and are really happy to write me glowing letters.

I graduated in 2010 and have a few softs I want to add. I was an Americorp, I'm on the board a violent offender recidivism org. I'm I was very involved at my UG.

I on the fence about how much to highlight hardship factors. Some because they are very personal and painful. I consulted with some Alums of my UG who said I should go for it because they are unique positions but I'm not sure.

Gator_Law

New

Re: AAF What are my chances

Post by Gator_Law » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am

listing the schools might help determine if you can get into them

meemz

New

Post by meemz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 pm

So far on my list is

Georgetown

George Washington

University of Minnesota

University of Penn ( I know it's a FAR reach but I live in Philly so I want to try)

USC

Temple

Howard

UC Berkeley sent me an invitation to apply but I don't know if it's worth it.

I'm a fee waiver recipient so i get to apply to 4 schools for free and the other for the LSAC credentials fee. I'm not really sure about which schools to apply too so I have been/am taking suggestions.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Calling it now, UMN will offer you about 100k

You should ask WUSTL for a fee waiver too.

meemz

New

Post by meemz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Nova wrote: You should ask WUSTL for a fee waiver too.
Wash U automatically applies a fee waiver for any applicant that received the LSAC fee waiver. I just added them to my school list thanks for the advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”