Looking for some info

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
plausibledeniability

Looking for some info

Postby plausibledeniability » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 am

155 with a 3.33 GPA. I started my college career with a 2.4 GPA and was a D1 athlete, saw improvement in my GPA every single semester after 2009. I have had 2 internships, one with the local government in my home town and one with the federal government, both involving the court system.

Louisville
West Virginia
Syracuse
Tennessee
Elon
Regent
Liberty

goldenflash19

Re: Looking for some info

Postby goldenflash19 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm

lawschoolnumbers.com

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:45 pm

plausibledeniability wrote:155 with a 3.33 GPA. I started my college career with a 2.4 GPA and was a D1 athlete, saw improvement in my GPA every single semester after 2009. I have had 2 internships, one with the local government in my home town and one with the federal government, both involving the court system.

Louisville OUT, in with a 156 (median)
West Virginia IN
Syracuse
Tennessee OUT
Elon
Regent
Liberty

The stuck out schools are shit. Dont go there under any circumstances. WV is your best bet if you want to work in WV.

Retake for Loisville and Tennessee.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:48 pm

how hard did you study for the LSAT? I would consider retaking.

plausibledeniability

Postby plausibledeniability » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:59 pm

I studied for 5 weeks. The first practice test I took I got a 143. Also in regard to Louisville, would I be a more competitive candidate for the part time program? Does that lower admission standards at all?

And is WVU only good for working in the state of West Virginia?

I also have another question- I researched all of the law schools that I listed and most of them have an above average BAR passage percentage. Are they shit because of the debt and job prospects available with degrees from there?

I don't know much about law school or the legal profession because I am actually trying to find employment in federal law enforcement as opposed to becoming an attorney, and I was actually told by a former supervisor that works for a federal law enforcement agency that getting a law degree would pretty much guarantee me employment with this particular agency. He said all I need to focus on was getting the law degree and passing the BAR.

So should I be focusing on the same things as the other individuals on this forum or would a lower tiered school be sufficient for what I am trying to do?

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm

plausibledeniability wrote:I studied for 5 weeks. The first practice test I took I got a 143. This test is worth more than 4 years of college. You need to put in a more appropriate amount of time. 3 Months, at least.

Also in regard to Louisville, would I be a more competitive candidate for the part time program? Does that lower admission standards at all?Yes and yes.

And is WVU only good for working in the state of West Virginia?Yes

I also have another question- I researched all of the law schools that I listed and most of them have an above average BAR passage percentage. Are they shit because of the debt and job prospects available with degrees from there? Yes

I don't know much about law school or the legal profession because I am actually trying to find employment in federal law enforcement as opposed to becoming an attorney, and I was actually told by a former supervisor that works for a federal law enforcement agency that getting a law degree would pretty much guarantee me employment with this particular agency. He said all I need to focus on was getting the law degree and passing the BAR. Bullshit. Those jobs are very competitive.

So should I be focusing on the same things as the other individuals on this forum or would a lower tiered school be sufficient for what I am trying to do? Just try to put yourself in the best position possible.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm

plausibledeniability wrote:I studied for 5 weeks.

stopped reading after that; retake.

plausibledeniability

Postby plausibledeniability » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

I am aware those jobs are competitive but this source happens to be a deputy director and claims that less than 10 out of over 3,000 members of this agency have a law degree, which I found hard to believe but he insisted that this was true. That is why he advised me to go to law school because it would make me extremely competitive.

That being said, I obviously would prefer to go to the best and most competitive school possible. But if I re-take in December will I have enough time to study to increase my score at all? Lets say by 2 points?

And is the best way to study just taking old tests over and over? All I have are two LSAC books with previous tests in them.

Return to “What are my chances?”