Where to go from here? Post October LSAT debacle.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dirtrida2

Where to go from here? Post October LSAT debacle.

Postby dirtrida2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:40 am

BLamppppppppp
Last edited by dirtrida2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness1547

Re: Where to go from here? Post October LSAT debacle.

Postby guinness1547 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

My suggestion would be to study for either the Feb or June test and apply early next year. Maybe June so you can dominate it. You might regret not going to law school, but I think you'd regret going to one half-heartedly even more.

Jredelman15

Postby Jredelman15 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 am

June 12= 160
Oct 12= 156

Studying for Oct didn't score below a 167. I am lost and I want an energy job. I would like to take a year off and move to TX to work. I am just afraid to sit out a year.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:June 12= 160
Oct 12= 156

Studying for Oct didn't score below a 167. I am lost and I want an energy job. I would like to take a year off and move to TX to work. I am just afraid to sit out a year.

Who is this guy lol.

Would it not benefit me to take this Dec test as I have been studying for awhile now. I just dont know if I could see myself sitting out of school for a another year. I feel like a bum as it is with these small jobs and no degree specialization to gain employment with.

Jredelman15

Postby Jredelman15 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:35 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
Jredelman15 wrote:June 12= 160
Oct 12= 156

Who is this guy lol.

Would it not benefit me to take this Dec test as I have been studying for awhile now. I just dont know if I could see myself sitting out of school for a another year. I feel like a bum as it is with these small jobs and no degree specialization to gain employment with.

I 100% understand and it really sucks to be writing up all of these cover letters right now. I just don't see myself doing well on the Dec one. I am a psych major so I understand about a shitty major.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Would anyone even consider Rutgers Newark with instate tuition and possible scholarship money? I would also be saving money w/ my living expenses as well since I am in the area.

Though I feel like I would enjoy myself more at a school like BC or W&L, given the nice setting and prestige; Is it even worth it at full sticker? Would I be any better off than if I attended Rutgers Newark, saved some money and maybe even walked out with a JD/MBA; their biz school is decently ranked.

If I can squeeze my LSAT up to where I am PT'ing 164ish, these would probably be my options - Sticker at a good school or money at a middle of the road establishment.

:shock: :roll: :| :(

180wanabe

Postby 180wanabe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 am

I am in a similar situation. I scored a 158 on this past October LSAT despite taking a 3 month course and meeting with a private tutor. I felt like I got sucker-punched, lol. I say don't settle for a school you don't want to go to. I have adopted the top 14 or bust mentality. If I go to law school, it's going to be in the top 14. I know that means I have to bump my LSAT up to at least a 167 to have a decent shot. Will it be easy? No way. Have many people told me that it is impossible? Yes sir. But then again, in first grade my teacher told me I would never learn how to read, and here I am typing complete sentences :D . Stay strong man.

nationalphenom

Postby nationalphenom » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 am

I also took the Oct 2010 test & landed a 151. Studied up & got a 165 on this year's one. Don't lose hope. And definitely do not settle for Rutgers. Do you feel confident about the December one?

Return to “What are my chances?”