I'm asking cuz of the retake/ low number of apps

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BSC

I'm asking cuz of the retake/ low number of apps

Postby BSC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:37 pm

3.88/ 169 and 171. K-JD, and brown, but not a URM.

What's worrying me is that my retake was only 2 points higher than my original score.

What are my chances of getting money at MVP or into CCN, and will the latter require an ED?

I know money at a lower T14 is the usual answer to these, but debt isn't an issue for me, and I want the best school with the best employment options that I can get with my numbers.

Rahviveh

Re: I'm asking cuz of the retake/ low number of apps

Postby Rahviveh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:39 pm

No need to ED, should snag CCN (at least N if not CC). You'll probably get good money at lower T-14 as well

BSC

Postby BSC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Alright, thanks. Thing is, out of CCN, i really want Columbia. By the looks of it, i'm in WL territory. Would this be worth an ED app?

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 pm

That's up to you. You are at risk of a WL From CLS, but you have a chance of getting RD as well. IF you want CLS that badly, you can ED.

BSC

Postby BSC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Appreciate the answers. Anyone else have thoughts?

hq2x

Postby hq2x » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm

http://myLSN.info/oukt65 those aren't bad RD odds, and you have a decent shot at merit aid.

I think it would be silly to apply ED to Columbia unless you wouldn't be content with Chicago or NYU, and I don't think you would be sacrificing employment options by going to either peer school.

Even if debt isn't a concern, you may as well take the cash if they're going to give it to you. Hell, if $$$ isn't a concern I'd say RD might be worth it just because you have a slim but non-zero chance at H.

At the end of the day though, as others pointed out, if moneys aren't a concern then ED is purely your call.

Return to “What are my chances?”