Stop shitting up the New Posts List- Use LSN Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vinnnyvincenzo

Bronze

Re: Stop shitting up the New Posts List- Use LSN

Post by vinnnyvincenzo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

CorkBoard wrote:
nsideirish wrote:
CorkBoard wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:It has dawned on me that there are a lot of pricks on this site.
(starts thread for 179 LSAT score)
(calls everyone else pricks)

(is on a law school forum titled "what are my chances?")
(complains about people asking what their chances at law schools are)
Only complaining about the dumb people who have no legitimate reason to post here besides special snowflake syndrome.
So what is a legitimate reason to post? Having some insane softs which nobody can reasonably comment on? Get rid of the forum if you dont want people to ask. Still, a lot of answers are easily obtained through the search function and LSN. With that being said I'm gonna create a chance thread for myself so please comment.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Checking in, sent in my app yesterday!

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:49 pm

TheThriller wrote:Checking in, sent in my app yesterday!
This.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
TheThriller wrote:Checking in, sent in my app yesterday!
This.
confused

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 pm

I went through the same thing in June. Got my LSAT score and knee jerk reaction was to post a "what are my chances" thread, but very quickly I realized that law school numbers had what I was looking for and posters had nothing to offer that lsn didn't.

in retrospect I regret posting it, but empathize with new posters.

anyways

enjoy law school numbers/mylsn.info

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

nsideirish wrote:Then why does this forum even exist? Should TLS just eliminate the "What are my chances?" forum altogether? If it exists, people WILL post here, like it or not.
chances threads are for the people that make it to the end of Grizz's flowchart. Not k-jd white kids.

also, what's the point of asking people when they are getting close to 100% of their opinion from either LSN or someone else who got their opinion from LSN?

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
nsideirish wrote:Then why does this forum even exist? Should TLS just eliminate the "What are my chances?" forum altogether? If it exists, people WILL post here, like it or not.
chances threads are for the people that make it to the end of Grizz's flowchart. Not k-jd white kids.

also, what's the point of asking people when they are getting close to 100% of their opinion from either LSN or someone else who got their opinion from LSN?
because other people have nothing riding on interpreting the data in/against your favor and thus can present a clearer picture. Yes one can be up front with themselves and attempt to filter out any bias, but it helps.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Br3v wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

because other people have nothing riding on interpreting the data in/against your favor and thus can present a clearer picture. Yes one can be up front with themselves and attempt to filter out any bias, but it helps.
Random people really aren't credible sources for this information though. They're likely just talking out of their collective ass

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Random people really aren't credible sources for this information though. They're likely just talking out of their collective ass
Speak for yourself with that hippy talk, my ass is part of no collective.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 pm

helix23 wrote:Speak for yourself with that hippy talk, my ass is part of no collective.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm

People saying that lsn doesn't have enough data for you? Where the fuck do you think the people answering you're question get their info from? Lsn!

ChiefPresidentTaft

New

Post by ChiefPresidentTaft » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Desert Fox wrote:People saying that lsn doesn't have enough data for you? Where the fuck do you think the people answering you're question get their info from? Lsn!
Thats bullshit. Surprisingly there are actual helpful law students/graduates on this site that are happy to help applicants and share their experience. Not all of us are whiney assholes like you that complain when the front page doesn't have what we want to see.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

ChiefPresidentTaft wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:People saying that lsn doesn't have enough data for you? Where the fuck do you think the people answering you're question get their info from? Lsn!
Thats bullshit. Surprisingly there are actual helpful law students/graduates on this site that are happy to help applicants and share their experience. Not all of us are whiney assholes like you that complain when the front page doesn't have what we want to see.
Anectdotal experience is not credible. LSN, although flawed, is the only reliable source for info. Use it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kitkatt

New

Post by Kitkatt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 pm

I definitely agree with the OP. People posting these threads without any special circumstances that LSN can't provide the answers do clog up this section. Especially for the people who have genuine questions that no one sees because there are too many generic threads. This defeats the entire purpose of this forum. This is coming from someone who did take the October LSAT.

ChiefPresidentTaft

New

Post by ChiefPresidentTaft » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Anectdotal experience is not credible. LSN, although flawed, is the only reliable source for info. Use it.
Thats bullshit too.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm probably one of the more willing to help out 0Ls and I am telling you unless you have very very different circumstances than virtually everyone with your stats, I'm getting my info from LSN. Asking strategy questions like whether/where you should ED? Maybe a little different. But asking whether you are going to get in to XYZ schools that are noth Yale, Stanford, Chicago, and Berkeley? Everything we tell you comes from somewhere that you can find yourself.

FattyMcFatFat

Bronze

Post by FattyMcFatFat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:32 pm

This thread is why you are all fucking nerds.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kaydee

New

Post by kaydee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Steve2207 wrote:I actually find this calculatar vague for certian numbers, and its my least favorite to use. You could always not read the "What Are My Chances" if you are annoyed by these type of questions.
+1. You probably visit blogs of opposing political views and post heated responses for hours on end, don't ya?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

kaydee wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:I actually find this calculatar vague for certian numbers, and its my least favorite to use. You could always not read the "What Are My Chances" if you are annoyed by these type of questions.
+1. You probably visit blogs of opposing political views and post heated responses for hours on end, don't ya?
Don't use the calculators. Look at the charts

Zoomie

Bronze

Post by Zoomie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Like I said, it's shitting up the View New Posts list brah.

Everyone giving answers is just looking at LSN anyway. Just fucking go to the source.
Do you need a hug?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”