3.83 GPA, 156 LSAT - Military, Non-URM Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
meshugaat

New

3.83 GPA, 156 LSAT - Military, Non-URM

Post by meshugaat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 am

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice. Obviously my LSAT did not go as I had hoped, but it was incredibly difficult to work crazy hours and study, so it was somewhat expected. TLS conventional wisdom would dictate that I retake. If I want to start law school next fall, however, that's not an option. I will be deployed through the December and February LSAT administrations.

So, here's the deal: I have 6 years in the military working intelligence with foreign language skills. Prior to enlisting, I worked at a law firm for 3 years. I've traveled extensively and lived abroad for the past 4 years. I have awesome LORs. I'm a Texas resident and my GI Bill plus Yellow Ribbon (if necessary) will cover law school and living expenses, so debt is not an issue. I cannot apply binding ED anywhere because my husband is applying to grad schools as well - obviously we would like to be in the same geographic area.

I've looked at LSN and other predictors, so I have a good picture of what my numbers alone could deliver, but when including my softs, does anyone know what my chances would be for getting UT, Minnesota or Baylor?

My intent is to go back in the military as a JAG officer.

Return to “What are my chances?”