my chance? can not sleep

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mirror

my chance? can not sleep

Postby mirror » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 am

got my lsat score today. so sad. just 164. do not want to retake. i have phd degree and few years work experience, and i published some papers. my undergraduate GPA is not good, about 3.2, the graduate GPA is good, about 3.8. so, what my chance in what kind of law school? i need your guys advice. can not sleep because the bad LSAT score. Thanks

florida1949

Re: my chance? can not sleep

Postby florida1949 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 am

what?

anything anyone says will likely be based off of this website: http://mylsn.info/

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 am

mirror wrote:got my lsat score today. so sad. just 164. do not want to retake. i have phd degree and few years work experience, and i published some papers. my undergraduate GPA is not good, about 3.2, the graduate GPA is good, about 3.8. so, what my chance in what kind of law school? i need your guys advice. can not sleep because the bad LSAT score. Thanks

With your numbers you will be competitive for lots and lots of different schools. You really will want to focus on where you have geographical ties and where you want to stay in the future. A JD is not a very portable degree.

mirror

Postby mirror » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

thanks for your reply. i mean i want to get in the best law school i can based on my score.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:34 am

mirror wrote:thanks for your reply. i mean i want to get in the best law school i can based on my score.

Outside of the top 20 schools or so, ranking doesn't mean as much. Finding the school that is the best fit given your situation is much more important. Where you are from and where you want to be is much more important.

mirror

Postby mirror » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 pm

is any chance in cornell, UCLA, northwestern?

The Duck

Postby The Duck » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:34 pm

mirror wrote:is any chance in cornell, UCLA, northwestern?

Not without a retake.

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-Full-Time-Programs.htm

Your softs will only be a deciding factor between two people with virtually the same numbers. They don't add to your LSAT in any discernible way.

If you really want to go to LS, you need to retake or figure out the region you want to work in and aim for the best schools there. However, you also need to weigh the cost of attendance against the potential outcomes from that school.

Besides, UCLA is largely a regional school.

Return to “What are my chances?”