Please help:which schools should I apply as my scores?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ineedapillow

Please help:which schools should I apply as my scores?

Postby Ineedapillow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:31 pm

I posted before, just got my Oct LSAT score today. I am an Asian female, LSAT 166, UDGPA 2.3@Biomedical Engineering(2007). grad school GPA 3.4@Electrical Engineering(2010)
I got my bachelor degree in Asian, though my UDGPA is low but I was pretty active for other social and lab works, so after college,I received full scholarship from an US grad school and came here got my master degree.(I was in PhD program, and at the third year I decided to drop out and graduated as a master)
After grad school, I have been worked at a law firm for over two years.
I need some advice about which level school should I apply, also, you can tell form my post that my English really sucks, so I am thinking getting an admission consulting (those prep-company teach you how to apply, help with the PS , resume), can anybody recommend me a good one.

Thanks for your help

Lawquacious

Re: Please help:which schools should I apply as my scores?

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Ineedapillow wrote:I posted before, just got my Oct LSAT score today. I am an Asian female, LSAT 166, UDGPA 2.3@Biomedical Engineering(2007). grad school GPA 3.4@Electrical Engineering(2010)
I got my bachelor degree in Asian, though my UDGPA is low but I was pretty active for other social and lab works, so after college,I received full scholarship from an US grad school and came here got my master degree.(I was in PhD program, and at the third year I decided to drop out and graduated as a master)
I need some advice about which level school should I apply, also, you can tell form my post that my English really sucks, so I am thinking getting an admission consulting (those prep-company teach you how to apply, help with the PS , resume), can anybody recommend me a good one.

Thanks for your help

Hmmm, kind of in trouble with that 2.3 UGPA. Law schools generally don't look at grad GPA. Might have luck with a few top-50 schools... maybe? Without money... Your background could help you get an IP job if you do go to law school, but I think you are still taking a risk. With your LSAT I think you will at least break top 100 schools, even with your very low UGPA. Normally I would say don't go, but given your science background I think you could work in IP most likely, even out of a mediocre school. But really, why law school?

Your best bet may be to see if you can get a TTT or TTTT school in the locality you want to work to give you a bit of money and just go there. Probably would be a better bet than taking even a T50 school paying full amount.

Where do you want to end up? And again, why law school?

Ineedapillow

Postby Ineedapillow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I went to college in China and didn't spend too much time study :(
I don't know why law school ...I just always want to be a lawyer...Money is not a big issue for me, I won't concern it when I am applying.
I heard for international students, law schools don't weight GPA that much but I am not sure if that is true. I see my LSAT score is higher than many top50 law school's 75%, can I apply those?

Lawquacious wrote:
Ineedapillow wrote:I posted before, just got my Oct LSAT score today. I am an Asian female, LSAT 166, UDGPA 2.3@Biomedical Engineering(2007). grad school GPA 3.4@Electrical Engineering(2010)

Thanks for your help

Hmmm, kind of in trouble with that 2.3 UGPA. Law schools generally don't look at grad GPA. Might have luck with a few top-50 schools... maybe? Without money... Your background could help you get an IP job if you do go to law school, but I think you are still taking a risk. With your LSAT I think you will at least break top 100 schools, even with your very low UGPA. Normally I would say don't go, but given your science background I think you could work in IP most likely, even out of a mediocre school. But really, why law school?

Your best bet may be to see if you can get a TTT or TTTT school in the locality you want to work to give you a bit of money and just go there. Probably would be a better bet than taking even a T50 school paying full amount.

Where do you want to end up? And again, why law school?

Ineedapillow

Postby Ineedapillow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:44 pm

I live in Florida now, don't like here, definitely will go somewhere else for law school.

Return to “What are my chances?”