Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whatisthewhat

Postby whatisthewhat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Last edited by whatisthewhat on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gator_Law

Re: 176/3.83

Postby Gator_Law » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm

retake

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 pm

stat twin (3.84) here/176 (from 167 retake)

curious about hys breakdown

also would you guys recommend blanketing the T14 for $$$$

hope I'm not stealing the thread

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:56 pm

being an academic pauper, i can tell you your first 167 is irrelevant (except maybe Yale, they are classy as fuck)

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Lol. Enjoy HYS. Well done.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 pm

stillwater wrote:being an academic pauper, i can tell you your first 167 is irrelevant (except maybe Yale, they are classy as fuck)

had that worry in the back of my mind, thanks

but I still want to try for yale!

Puffin

Postby Puffin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Definitely great shot at HYS. Also if you're looking for the $$$$ your stats will definitely grab you some throughout the t-14.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 am

whatisthewhat

Postby whatisthewhat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:38 pm

@sinfiery: good luck!!! sending good vibes your way.

thanks for the input all. i think this might skew a little optimistic--my stats actually seem to be a no go for yale and stanford from the stats on this site/borderline for h-bomb. my hope is that my work experience (will have been out of school for two years, sales/consulting role) and having gone to a liberal arts school that maybe? is considered rigorous by adcomms will give me a boost.

but this is what it is for this cycle--feeling good, will let the chips fall where they may. if it doesn't happen this year, i'm okay with waiting out another cycle and reapplying.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:02 am

whatisthewhat wrote:@sinfiery: good luck!!! sending good vibes your way.

thanks for the input all. i think this might skew a little optimistic--my stats actually seem to be a no go for yale and stanford from the stats on this site/borderline for h-bomb. my hope is that my work experience (will have been out of school for two years, sales/consulting role) and having gone to a liberal arts school that maybe? is considered rigorous by adcomms will give me a boost.

but this is what it is for this cycle--feeling good, will let the chips fall where they may. if it doesn't happen this year, i'm okay with waiting out another cycle and reapplying.

We are at 75% lsat and 25% GPA for Yale

A ton have been rejected, but a decent amount have been accepted with with our numbers @ Yale based on LSN
Stanford seems to have accepted a lot below our numbers based on LSN
Harvard same as Stanford, with a ding to a 176 here and there. (We are above 75% on LSAT, above 25% on GPA)

H seems very promising but Y/S with their apparent softs-intesive criteria are hard to judge.

Colombia seems to be a lock.

whatisthewhat

Postby whatisthewhat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 am

sinfiery wrote:
whatisthewhat wrote:@sinfiery: good luck!!! sending good vibes your way.

We are at 75% lsat and 25% GPA for Yale

A ton have been rejected, but a decent amount have been accepted with with our numbers @ Yale based on LSN
Stanford seems to have accepted a lot below our numbers based on LSN
Harvard same as Stanford, with a ding to a 176 here and there. (We are above 75% on LSAT, above 25% on GPA)

H seems very promising but Y/S with their apparent softs-intesive criteria are hard to judge.

Colombia seems to be a lock.

fingers crossed, toes crossed, everything crossed. just found these charts fyi in case you haven't seen them yet (you might have been making references above, but wasn't sure):

h: http://mylsn.info/graph.php?school=harvard, 74%
y: http://mylsn.info/graph.php?school=yale, 30something%
s: http://mylsn.info/graph.php?school=stanford, 33%

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:34 pm

whatisthewhat wrote:
fingers crossed, toes crossed, everything crossed. just found these charts fyi in case you haven't seen them yet (you might have been making references above, but wasn't sure):

h: http://mylsn.info/graph.php?school=harvard, 74%
y: http://mylsn.info/graph.php?school=yale, 30something%
s: http://mylsn.info/graph.php?school=stanford, 33%

That's a nice tool to analyze the LSN data.

If you sort H by 11/12 only, you get to 87% and at 3.85, 94%+. With the falling applicants and mediums, I think H is a very good bet.

Now, after looking at those 2 graphs I guess it's safe to assume Y/S are very unlikely. (A 180 and 4.0 = 76% at Yale, wtf) Point proven sir.

Although I don't full trust the LSN data, it has convinced me that Y/S would be hard to get into.

LSN gives C and H close to the same %s. I can't imagine being rejected from C, much less not given $$$.

It's a great tool to use but incomplete data sets leave me suspicous.

whatisthewhat

Postby whatisthewhat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:49 pm

hmm muy interestante, your 80%+ stat especially. h is really the place i would most want to be; it's my super dream school (not clear how much this is affected by it being the top school I have the best chance of getting into).

i'm going to do my best to stop thinking about my chances, though--knowing i have a shot is making me even more nervous in a way. just going to put in those apps and see how things shake out.

good luck again--if we have the wind at our backs, maybe we'll both be in cambridge next year!

Edit: should add it's not hys or nothing for me. i would be really thrilled and grateful to get into columbia, chicago, nyu or a number of other great schools as well. just thought i'd throw that out there to look like less of a douchebag though afraid that ship might have sailed.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 pm

whatisthewhat wrote:hmm muy interestante, your 80%+ stat especially. h is really the place i would most want to be; it's my super dream school (not clear how much this is affected by it being the top school I have the best chance of getting into).

i'm going to do my best to stop thinking about my chances, though--knowing i have a shot is making me even more nervous in a way. just going to put in those apps and see how things shake out.

good luck again--if we have the wind at our backs, maybe we'll both be in cambridge next year!

Edit: should add it's not hys or nothing for me. i would be really thrilled and grateful to get into columbia, chicago, nyu or a number of other great schools as well. just thought i'd throw that out there to look like less of a douchebag though afraid that ship might have sailed.

This is going to be one unique cycle, based on # of applicants lowering, lower mediums, currently a bad job market (In 3-4 years, who knows), and overall negative view of LS. Not to mention a significant lowering of the LSAT taking populous is from higher scoring test takers. (Not sure if this means 160+, 170+, or 180s as I haven't personally seen the data)

H would indeed be the dream. (I am gunning for Y but I am happy either way.) I was happy with UTexas and would probably still be. So CCN would make me scream of joy.

I do think it's best to ignore the chances and just work on getting the best app together as possible. I plan to do this, but here I am so I guess I am failing miserably lol.

Either way, good luck sir. It should be interesting.

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:16 pm

sinfiery wrote:Colombia seems to be a lock.

Good point. With stats like that OP could always be the next Pablo Escobar.

But seriously, why even make this thread. "A/A- average and tippity top LSAT score. Is that bad??".

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:57 pm

RodneyBoonfield wrote:
sinfiery wrote:Colombia seems to be a lock.

Good point. With stats like that OP could always be the next Pablo Escobar.

But seriously, why even make this thread. "A/A- average and tippity top LSAT score. Is that bad??".

Bragging, special snowflake syndrome, etc.

whatisthewhat

Postby whatisthewhat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:38 pm

lulz. i can see why it looks that way.

i know i'm fortunate to be in a good position--but i am asking about my dream schools, and it wasn't clear how i'm positioned there. the answer seems to be relatively well, but still a lottery.
Last edited by whatisthewhat on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:13 pm

btw use this version of mylsn

--LinkRemoved--

filter 2011/2012 only is what I did

i feel like this link deserves to be stickied somewhere

such an efficient analysis of the data

Return to “What are my chances?”