149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
RedTib
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby RedTib » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 am

I know, the LSAT isn't very good. I took the October test, so I'm waiting to see what I got on that. But I'm guessing about 160.


So with my current 149 and 3.2, where could I reach to get into? Assume I have work experience throughout college and excellent LORs.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 am

RedTib wrote:Assume I have work experience throughout college and excellent LORs.


That'll really help your 149 LSAT...

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:19 am

yikes...is retaking and waiting a year out of the question?

RedTib
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby RedTib » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:yikes...is retaking and waiting a year out of the question?


Well, I took the October test... scores haven't been released. I'm just assuming the worst (I get another 149 or below), but I don't think that will happen. I was more focused on the October test and studied more.

But I got a fee waiver, so if I don't do good on the second time, I really don't want to take it again (I would go to a bad law school or I would get my PhD in Sociology)

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 am

Good luck...at least with the fee waiver you aren't wasting money. Check out lawschoolnumbers.com for info about admissions predictions. It will give you a general idea of what other people have done with those stats

bizchick05
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby bizchick05 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 am

You could get into Cooley with a scholarship. I know that for sure.

There are also other law schools (New York Law School, New England School of Law, Syracuse, Albany, Texas Wesleyan, South Texas... and I'm sure there are a few others to name here)

BigZuck
Posts: 10876
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby BigZuck » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 am

South Texas looks like Yale compared to those other schools. Also, out at South Texas most likely.

OP you really need to retake until you hit mid 160s, minimum. If you can't or won't do that you should consider yourself disqualified from attending law school. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, you just need to find another career. The legal market is really bad and attending a bad law school is most likely a recipe for disaster.

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby florida1949 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 am

Are you a URM?

If not, (and probably even if so), the schools you could get into with your current score/gpa don't offer good enough employment opportunities to be worth 3 years of your life/tuition/debt.

I know it sucks, but if you really want to pursue a career in a law, you should re-take the LSAT until you're in at least the mid-to-high 160s.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby rad lulz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46 pm

RedTib wrote:I know, the LSAT isn't very good. I took the October test, so I'm waiting to see what I got on that. But I'm guessing about 160.


So with my current 149 and 3.2, where could I reach to get into? Assume I have work experience throughout college and excellent LORs.

You can't get into anywhere worth attending. Retake or don't go.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Retake if you don't get at least a 159. With a 159/3.2, you should be able to get scholarships from several Tier Two & Tier Three law schools. Employment prospects may not be great, but at least you'll have very low debt. With your current numbers of 149/3.2, don't go unless Yale admissions makes a mistake. :D

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby Nova » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Scores come out very very soon.

Way to jump the gun on making a thread.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby justonemoregame » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Choose the school that will leave you with the greatest amount of debt post-graduation if you're hellbent on ripping off taxpayers.

RedTib
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby RedTib » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Well, my scores weren't better this time around either...

I'm not too worried about a job. My dad owns his own law office. That being said, I would like to work elsewhere, but it is nice to know that I have to work with.

bizchick05
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby bizchick05 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:52 am

RedTib wrote:Well, my scores weren't better this time around either...

I'm not too worried about a job. My dad owns his own law office. That being said, I would like to work elsewhere, but it is nice to know that I have to work with.


Maybe you can work for a year and get some actual full time work experience. A law office or clerking at a law office doesn't really count. That may help your application.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby rad lulz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am

bizchick05 wrote:
RedTib wrote:Well, my scores weren't better this time around either...

I'm not too worried about a job. My dad owns his own law office. That being said, I would like to work elsewhere, but it is nice to know that I have to work with.


Maybe you can work for a year and get some actual full time work experience. A law office or clerking at a law office doesn't really count. That may help your application.

He's implying that he can get a job when he comes out at his dad's firm.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:04 am

Does your father know your LSAT score? Would he still hire you?

RedTib
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

Re: 149 LSAT, 3.2 GPA Where could I get into within reach?

Postby RedTib » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 pm

rad lulz wrote:
bizchick05 wrote:
RedTib wrote:Well, my scores weren't better this time around either...

I'm not too worried about a job. My dad owns his own law office. That being said, I would like to work elsewhere, but it is nice to know that I have to work with.


Maybe you can work for a year and get some actual full time work experience. A law office or clerking at a law office doesn't really count. That may help your application.

He's implying that he can get a job when he comes out at his dad's firm.


This is what I meant.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests