3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm

This has to be at least the 6th thread wherein ChickenSoup gets taken to town

User avatar
Puffin
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Puffin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Agreed. ^

Chickensoup wrote:Ignore many of these posters. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can bring their score up 10 to 15 points. In most likelihood, you are simply not smart enough to get into any law school worth going to. Forget law school and find a new career.


Wtf is this, how does scoring poorly (not even at 152 which is what slightly above average?) have to do with raw intelligence, especially when OP didn't mention how much studying he put into it? You're a douche.

JEDyessir
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby JEDyessir » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:44 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Really, ignore Chickensoup. Manhattan, PS, Blueprint, or one of those if you insist on taking a course. Avoid Princeton and Kaplan.


I quite enjoyed the parting of the red sea depiction of your recent success NoodleyOne-- so I take these recommendations seriously. Interestingly, it was precisely and exactly Princeton and Kaplan that I used for the first two go-arounds. I didn't sit in on a class, but I have all the books from a Kaplan class (they were freely given to me) and some Princeton materials. I'm assuming the sources for Manhattan, PS, Blueprint etc have received dozens of threads in themselves, so I will do some forum digging.
Thanks for the rec and help.

drive4showLSAT4dough
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 am

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm

JEDyessir wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Really, ignore Chickensoup. Manhattan, PS, Blueprint, or one of those if you insist on taking a course. Avoid Princeton and Kaplan.


I quite enjoyed the parting of the red sea depiction of your recent success NoodleyOne-- so I take these recommendations seriously. Interestingly, it was precisely and exactly Princeton and Kaplan that I used for the first two go-arounds. I didn't sit in on a class, but I have all the books from a Kaplan class (they were freely given to me) and some Princeton materials. I'm assuming the sources for Manhattan, PS, Blueprint etc have received dozens of threads in themselves, so I will do some forum digging.
Thanks for the rec and help.


Manhattan and PS are necessary, but not sufficient, elements of improving your score. You need a study plan that involves a serious amount of study (read: Pithypike, at least for reference). I'm talking ~20 hours a week for 12+ weeks. TLS has a ton of good advice. But first, you need to evaluate if you're ready for that kind of commitment before you take the LSAT, under-prepared, again.

User avatar
radar714
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby radar714 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:19 pm

if you want some success stories to motivate you to study hard for the LSAT, my GF got a 140 on her first diag and before her oct lsat was PTing 170+ on practice tests 56-66.

Also, a family friend of mine got a 142 on his first diag, then got a 174 on the actual test and got into harvard law with a 3.6 gpa*. It can be done.





*I know someone is going to say "BUT DER THEY HAVE GPA FLOOR OF 3.7 DER" but this guy applied 3 times before he got in, getting denied first time, WL'd second, and WL->accept on his third try.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 pm

I disagree with the idea that you need to study for 20+ hours a week and do every practice test ever. I just want to point out that I didn't study much for the LSAT at all other than Princeton Review one summer and got into multiple T14s.

User avatar
CalAlumni
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby CalAlumni » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:16 pm

paratactical wrote:1. Ignore Chickensoup
2. Your resume is fine, but it's not anywhere near 95%. The top resumes submitted to law schools are insane. Like "I single-handedly brought water to a starving African village, saving dozens of lives" or "I wrote a NYT bestselling novel that changed the way America views an important social issue."
3. You can get into the 160s. I think classes are a waste of money. Take your time and review PithyPike's LSAT guide and you can make it. It's better to postpone school and the LSAT and try to give yourself a better opportunity to succeed.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby North » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Chickensoup wrote:I disagree with the idea that you need to study for 20+ hours a week and do every practice test ever. I just want to point out that I didn't study much for the LSAT at all other than Princeton Review one summer and got into multiple T14s.


[Edited to remove my angry, insult-laden response to the condescending, self-congratulatory garbage quoted above.]

OP, study for as many hours and do as many PTs as it takes for you to get a 170+, then send this guy a PM when you get into a better school than he does.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby bhan87 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Chickensoup wrote:Ignore many of these posters. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can bring their score up 10 to 15 points. In most likelihood, you are simply not smart enough to get into any law school worth going to. Forget law school and find a new career.


Chickensoup, if you're this socially inept you just won't cut it as a functioning attorney. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can fix their social ineptness. In most likelihood (?? grammar?), you are simply too much of an asshole to to succeed at a law firm or any other legal job because you'll get the boot for "fit" reasons. Forget law school and find a new career.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:39 pm

bhan87 wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:Ignore many of these posters. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can bring their score up 10 to 15 points. In most likelihood, you are simply not smart enough to get into any law school worth going to. Forget law school and find a new career.


Chickensoup, if you're this socially inept you just won't cut it as a functioning attorney. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can fix their social ineptness. In most likelihood (?? grammar?), you are simply too much of an asshole to to succeed at a law firm or any other legal job because you'll get the boot for "fit" reasons. Forget law school and find a new career.


LOL you guys just can't stand it when someone deviates from your groupthink. Some people are naturally good at test taking. Some people naturally suck at it. If I sucked at something, I would not spend hundreds of hours just trying to get adequate at it.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby North » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Many, many people on TLS have studied their way past your 169, dude, and they'll likely have better careers than you because of the hard work. And that's before considering what a shitty personality you have.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:46 pm

North wrote:Many, many people on TLS have studied their way past your 169, dude, and they'll likely have better careers than you because of the hard work. And that's before considering what a shitty personality you have.


I don't give a fuck. I don't feel compelled to try that hard. I have done fine my entire life and I am sure I will continue to do fine.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby bhan87 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:Ignore many of these posters. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can bring their score up 10 to 15 points. In most likelihood, you are simply not smart enough to get into any law school worth going to. Forget law school and find a new career.


Chickensoup, if you're this socially inept you just won't cut it as a functioning attorney. It is ridiculous to assume that everyone can fix their social ineptness. In most likelihood (?? grammar?), you are simply too much of an asshole to to succeed at a law firm or any other legal job because you'll get the boot for "fit" reasons. Forget law school and find a new career.


LOL you guys just can't stand it when someone deviates from your groupthink. Some people are naturally good at test taking. Some people naturally suck at it. If I sucked at something, I would not spend hundreds of hours just trying to get adequate at it.


And some people are naturally just assholes. Some people naturally suck at having social awareness. If I was such a douchebag, I would not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to get into a profession that practically REVOLVES around interacting with people and building relationships.

Also, in this case we're not angry at you for deviating from groupthink, but the fact that you assume that because you scored low without prep, you will be incapable of raising that score more than 10-15 points. Moreover, you assume, the reason you can't raise that score is because you "simply are not smart enough." The likelihood you'll have a 15+ point jump might be low and the amount of dedication necessary to make such a bump is high, but not so subtly saying someone is too stupid for law school because they haven't tried prepping properly yet is like putting down a little kid learning addition / subtraction for the first time for making a mistake.

OP: Take the advice on this board and study up. Buy the Powerscore Bibles, lots of practice tests, and buckle down for a few months. If, however, you can't bump your score higher, law school may not be the best option for you considering the economy. But, there still is a chance for you to improve your score significantly (especially if it's logic games that are tripping you up).

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby North » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Chickensoup wrote:I don't give a fuck. I don't feel compelled to try that hard. I have done fine my entire life and I am sure I will continue to do fine.

Okay bro that's cool, just stop jerking yourself off in the on-topics where we try to encourage people to put in the work to better their prospects.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

North wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:I don't give a fuck. I don't feel compelled to try that hard. I have done fine my entire life and I am sure I will continue to do fine.

Okay bro that's cool, just stop jerking yourself off in the on-topics where we try to encourage people to put in the work to better their prospects.


You're encouraging someone to slave away so that he can get to 160. That isn't even a good LSAT score. OP needs to at least get to 167 to have a shot at T14. Isn't this the board famous for declaring that it is basically T14 or bust? Why would you set the OP up to fail by encouraging him to work ridiculously hard at something just to get a 160? That is only going to result in him spending another 3 years working ridiculously hard to end up with a job that is likely just as shitty as the one he probably has now.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm

I can't fucking WAIT for you to get medianpwned and end up doing doc review with 6 figures of debt.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:I can't fucking WAIT for you to get medianpwned and end up doing doc review with 6 figures of debt.


I will be taking out less than 50K in debt. Both my parents are lawyers with large rolodexes, so I doubt I will be doing doc review. Thanks for your concern though.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I can't fucking WAIT for you to get medianpwned and end up doing doc review with 6 figures of debt.


I will be taking out less than 50K in debt. Both my parents are lawyers with large rolodexes, so I doubt I will be doing doc review. Thanks for your concern though.


And that explains so much.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby North » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Failure is not trying, dude. Either:

(1) OP puts in some work, gets tired of it, chooses to sink his time into other things, and doesn't improve enough on his retake to make LS worth it. In that case, TLS advice stands: don't got to law school.

or

(2) OP busts his ass for as long as it takes to learn the learnable test and get a 170+. In that case, his effort and dedication made LS worth it.

Either way, OP's effort determines his fate. When people come here with low LSAT scores, we advise them to put in the hard work and retake. If they won't, then their willingness to put in the work weeds them out. If they try, but don't put enough effort in, their willingness to put in the work weeds them out. And if they succeed, then it was because of their hard work. Telling people to not try because it might be a waste of their time is presumptuous as fuck. If they think its worth their effort, they'll do what it takes and be better for it. If they decide it isn't, then they'll quit.

The point is that you should fuck off with telling people that it would be a waste of their time to try to succeed on this test. That's their assessment to make. TLS is here to inform people what the necessary actions (this is where you'll find the high standards) are and encourage them to take them, not to tell them not to try.

On a related note, I now understand why emarxnj threw his C&F in the trash to beat the shit out of a pompous, arrogant Jersey Shore douche.
Last edited by North on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

On a related note, I now understand why emarxnj threw his C&F in the trash to beat the shit out of a pompous, arrogant guid.



What is a guid? Is that some sort of Dungeons and Dragons term? I have no idea what you are talking about.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby North » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Your first post on TLS plus your awful personality leads me to imagine you as one of these guys.

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by North on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 pm

North wrote:Your first post on TLS plus your awful personality leads me to imagine you as one of these guys.

--ImageRemoved--

These are guidos.


Ha. Resorting to ethnic slurs. Impressive. If my ancestors weren't building Rome while yours were swinging from trees, I'd be slightly offended.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby North » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Actually, I did not realize how pejorative the word guido was. I'm Italian too. I thought it was a term for the stereotypical Jersey Shore personality. My bad, edited. Your post, however...

User avatar
Chickensoup
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm

North wrote:Actually, I did not realize how pejorative the word guido was. I'm Italian too. I thought it was a term for the stereotypical Jersey Shore personality. My bad, edited. Your post, however...


It is a term for the stereotypical Jersey Shore personality, but it does carry ethnic connotations. However. I couldn't care less. I've never been disadvantaged by my ethnicity in my life. If anything, it has opened doors for me. I couldn't care less what a Florida State alum has to say about it.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: 3.61 GPA, Very good Resume, Good LORS, LSATS not good.

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:I can't fucking WAIT for you to get medianpwned and end up doing doc review with 6 figures of debt.


I will be taking out less than 50K in debt. Both my parents are lawyers with large rolodexes, so I doubt I will be doing doc review. Thanks for your concern though.


Congrats on not trying harder, when that effort could have produced an LSAT score that made sure you didn't have to take on any debt. You sound way cooler bragging about how you didn't need to study much.

God you're insufferable.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful and 2 guests