4.10/172--Chances at top schools Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
northwood

Platinum

Re: 4.10/172--Chances at top schools

Post by northwood » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

wrongtrousers wrote:Just a temper the enthusiasm - two years ago I was rejected from both Y and S with 4.02/175 and a master's degree.

true.. but that doesnt mean OP shouldnt apply. OP has a chance ( and who knows) so if OP can afford it- and wants to try.. its not like throwing money away...

Instantiate

New

Re: 4.10/172--Chances at top schools

Post by Instantiate » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:29 pm

bbsg wrote: I should have said assuming -strong- softs, but you get my gist. His numbers aren't holding him back. Even accepting the numbers here, which are far too small a sample size from which to arrive at any firm conclusion, it's notable that almost no one was "rejected with worse" and many were "accepted with worse." His numbers are up to par -- it's a matter of softs at this point for those two, not numbers. Insofar as numbers are concerned, I stand by my "you're in everywhere."

But yeah, it's basically always a good call to whip out myLSN for sure. Thanks for the link.

Are 'softs' activities or accomplishments independent of one's GPA and LSAT score? If so, my softs comprise the work experience listed in my initial post; many rewarding but commonly undertaken volunteer activities (e.g. reading to disadvantaged children); and several accomplishments as a provincial-level rower.
northwood wrote:apply everywhere you want to go- and can afford to. Id go for the entire t14 and your state flagship school.
Thanks for the advice; I plan on applying to most t14s so I have options if I don't get into my target schools.
wrongtrousers wrote:Just a temper the enthusiasm - two years ago I was rejected from both Y and S with 4.02/175 and a master's degree.
Did you apply to Harvard and were you accepted?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”