Which of these schools will accept me? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Admit or Denial?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Texas
4%
Alabama
8%
North Carolina
11%
Iowa
13%
Minnesota
11%
Emory
12%
Boston College
12%
George Washington
7%
Indiana-Bloomington
12%
Wisconsin
12%

Total votes: 76

michaelm55

Bronze

Which of these schools will accept me?

Post by michaelm55 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Please indicate your thoughts on my chances of acceptance at the following schools. And yes, I have seen virtually every predictor on the planet... I want some human input. Go ahead and fill in the bubbles on the poll indicating which schools that you think I can get into, and exclude the bubbles for those that I will not get into. Thanks guys. Also, any thoughts on scholarship would be greatly appreciated.

Texas
Alabama
North Carolina
Iowa
Minnesota
Emory
Boston College
George Washington
Arizona State
Wisconsin
Indiana
Last edited by michaelm55 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Which of these schools will accept me?

Post by BigZuck » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 pm

I voted none because you don't have a gpa or LSAT score and you can't spell the word "Arizona."

GATA1989

New

Post by GATA1989 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm

BigZuck wrote:I voted none because you don't have a gpa or LSAT score and you can't spell the word "Arizona."
a 164 and a 3.9 according to the bio

beggingocean1

New

Post by beggingocean1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 pm

You don't need 2 threads.

Puffin

Bronze

Post by Puffin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 pm

retake for 170+ and t14s with major schollys/HYS potential. otherwise you'd be a pretty solid lock for all of those, minus texas if you're non-resident but still possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 am

I know people say this all to often, but those numbers are like the ideal ED to UVA numbers (my numbers were both just a little higher than yours, and this is what I did)

You will likely get into Texas if you are in state.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 am

Puffin wrote:retake for 170+ and t14s with major schollys/HYS potential. otherwise you'd be a pretty solid lock for all of those, minus texas if you're non-resident but still possible.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:I know people say this all to often, but those numbers are like the ideal ED to UVA numbers .
really? UVA ED bump applies to reverse splitters as well?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Br3v wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:I know people say this all to often, but those numbers are like the ideal ED to UVA numbers .
really? UVA ED bump applies to reverse splitters as well?
Yep. But reverse splitters should only do this after taking the LSAT 3-4 times.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

michaelm55

Bronze

Post by michaelm55 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm

I would mention here that an LSAT retake is not an option, because (as dumb as this makes me sound) I already have spent 4 1/2 months studying all the relavent materials and comleted 40+ practice tests. I peeked at arround 169 and averaged 165. My score is an accurate representation (roughly) of how I can perform having prepared well. Thanks for all the retake encouragement though.

Also, who in here thinks that I could actually get accepted to UVA on an early binging decision? I would love to go here (and don't really deserve to), but I actually didn't apply because I checked out the TLS acceptance stats graph, and... didn't see anybody like me really getting in. Who thinks that with my stats, an app to UVA is worth $100?

Also, is UVA worth sticker?? Any thoughts?

Puffin

Bronze

Post by Puffin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Retake is always an option. You just have to continue analyzing your flaws in reasoning, games diagrams etc maybe a few hours with a tutor could help clear things up. UVA is a top school and is arguably worth paying sticker for, but why would you when with a few more points on the lsat you can save yourself 10's of thousands of dollars? Also, 4 1/2 months of studying does not a dumb person make.. At any rate UVA has a rather bizarre ED policy so I think you'd have slightly more than a non-zero chance.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 pm

I've taken the LSAT 3 times. After my second try I was accepted to a T14 and I still retook this month because my score just wasn't good enough. I don't know if I improved or not but at least I tried. Not retaking is silly. Do it. Don't waste that gpa on these schools.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 pm

BigZuck wrote:I've taken the LSAT 3 times. After my second try I was accepted to a T14 and I still retook this month because my score just wasn't good enough. I don't know if I improved or not but at least I tried. Not retaking is silly. Do it. Don't waste that gpa on these schools.
I will agree with this. Having done the ED thing (reverse splitter) and now being here I feel like it was just dumb to not retake. Luckily I worked for a year, saved up some money and my COL is covered by my SO. So my total debt should be about 150 at graduation (less if I get SA positions 1L or 2L)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

michaelm55

Bronze

Post by michaelm55 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 am

Ok guys. So I am applying for the fall of 2013, and these are my stats: 3.93, 164. I scored a 164 back in February and never looked back. Many of my fellow TLS brothers and sister have recommended (because of my high GPA) that I retake at least once more since even three points more could mean tens of thousands of dollars of scholarship money (and that it would seem pretty silly not to try).

But here is the trick: I have already applied to 11 schools with my 164 listed. What happens if they accept, deny, or waitlist me and then I score higher or lower than a 164? Are scholarship and acceptance status maleable, contingent upon a new and better or worse LSAT score?

Also, I haven't seen a single LSAT question for like seven months. I am going to do a diognostic test this week to estimate where I am. I would have about one month of practice before the December LSAT. What would I have to score on this week's diagnostic to know that I could score better than 164 within a month's time? Please Help!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Icculus

Silver

Post by Icculus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 am

michaelm55 wrote:at least once more since even three points more could mean tens of thousands of dollars of scholarship money
At least is key here, you should use your third chance if your second one doesn't work out. If you don't think you'll be ready for December I would suggest even holding off until February or <gasp> June and putting off law school for a year. And before you say I can't because (a whole bunch of reasons that don't really preclude you from waiting a year) you have said it yourself, it could be TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars. Hell, you get it up to a 170+ and it could be even more. Retake until you have no retakes left is the credite response here. And waiting until February or June is what I would suggest if you think December won't happen.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”