TFA + 3.5

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kwwill3

TFA + 3.5

Postby kwwill3 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 am

I took the lsat last saturday. Was pt'ing in the low high 160s low 170s. Zones game was pretty difficult and I am beginning to get more and more anxious. Would I have any shot with good ug leadership and tfa at uva/mich/duke/texas with an lsat in the high 160s? Or is 170+ or bust? Debating if I should start studying for december already...

Doorkeeper

Re: TFA + 3.5

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm

You have a good shot at Michigan with a 168-169, but a 170 open up all of the lower T14 (NYU, Penn, UVA, Michigan, Duke, etc).

Schools want to keep their medians, and for a lot of schools 169-170 is the median that they want to keep.

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36 am

kwwill3 wrote:I took the lsat last saturday. Was pt'ing in the low high 160s low 170s. Zones game was pretty difficult and I am beginning to get more and more anxious. Would I have any shot with good ug leadership and tfa at uva/mich/duke/texas with an lsat in the high 160s? Or is 170+ or bust? Debating if I should start studying for december already...

Let's say you get a 168. You will not get into UVA, Michigan, or Duke, because you will be below both medians. Softs are great if everything else is equal, but the truth is that TFA really isn't a special soft . . . there are thousands of TFA applicants applying to law schools every cycle, so it isn't rare at all.

Hope this helps.

dixon02

Postby dixon02 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am

Real Madrid wrote:
kwwill3 wrote:I took the lsat last saturday. Was pt'ing in the low high 160s low 170s. Zones game was pretty difficult and I am beginning to get more and more anxious. Would I have any shot with good ug leadership and tfa at uva/mich/duke/texas with an lsat in the high 160s? Or is 170+ or bust? Debating if I should start studying for december already...

Let's say you get a 168. You will not get into UVA, Michigan, or Duke, because you will be below both medians. Softs are great if everything else is equal, but the truth is that TFA really isn't a special soft . . . there are thousands of TFA applicants applying to law schools every cycle, so it isn't rare at all.

Hope this helps.

Red herring. There are not thousands of TFA alum with a 3.5/168 combo applying to law school every cycle.

twenty

Postby twenty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 am

dixon02 wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:

Hope this helps.

Red herring. There are not thousands of TFA alum with a 3.5/168 combo applying to law school every cycle.

This, on the other hand, is non-responsive in context. There probably are thousands of TFA folks applying that are under both these school's medians. That makes TFA 1) not super unique, and 2) not a game changer.

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:50 am

dixon02 wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:

Hope this helps.

Poor reading comprehension for the loss.

Return to “What are my chances?”