3.0/ 177

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Splitter808
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:17 pm

3.0/ 177

Postby Splitter808 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 pm

I am trying to decide if I should ED anywhere with these numbers or if I should just apply regular and see what kind of scholarships I can get. There is no way that I can pay full price for law school and I realize that my GPA is going to hurt me but I was just wondering if you guys thought that I could get significant scholarships with these numbers. Thanks

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 pm

A significant scholly is unlikely. 3.0 is below most of the T-14 floors. Your best shots are probably NU with FT WE and ED UVA.

Splitter808
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Splitter808 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:26 pm

I guess I should have mentioned that I am not dead set on T14. I have no problem going to a regional school that is slightly lower on the list. Thanks for the input though

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Splitter808 wrote:I guess I should have mentioned that I am not dead set on T14. I have no problem going to a regional school that is slightly lower on the list. Thanks for the input though


Well if that's the case you might be able to get a decent scholly from WUSTL. They offered me 90k last year as a 3.4/173.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Nova » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Crowing wrote:
Splitter808 wrote:I guess I should have mentioned that I am not dead set on T14. I have no problem going to a regional school that is slightly lower on the list. Thanks for the input though


Well if that's the case you might be able to get a decent scholly from WUSTL. They offered me 90k last year as a 3.4/173.


WUSTL is a good choice. Also, if admitted, UMN would probably give you about a half scholarship.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Definitely get WE and then ED NU. Don't waste that LSAT on a T25.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:38 pm

The good news is that you can definitely get in UVA ED. I think you'd have a chance at Penn or NYU, and you're in at Gtown and NU (if you have work experience).

If you're fine with UVA at sticky, just ED and be done with it. If you want NYU or Penn, go for that too. You can double back to UVA if you get WL'd.

You should EA Cornell like right now. They don'e splitters, but I think they could stomach a 3.0 for a 177.

Send Michigan a RD app. They don't give much of a bump for ED and tend to have a 3.3 cut off. But apps are down all over. Don't be afraid to go for it. In fact, I'd apply everywhere under HYS.

Don't go under T14. 177 is too strong unless you're set on a market and can get nearly a full ride. Ie full tuition at BU/BC.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Nova wrote:
Crowing wrote:
Splitter808 wrote:I guess I should have mentioned that I am not dead set on T14. I have no problem going to a regional school that is slightly lower on the list. Thanks for the input though


Well if that's the case you might be able to get a decent scholly from WUSTL. They offered me 90k last year as a 3.4/173.


WUSTL is a good choice. Also, if admitted, UMN would probably give you about a half scholarship.


Umn rejected me with a 3.2/176.

If you want regionals look at davis ( no more than 100k scholly) and the two boston schools (60-90k). Or apply early to George Washington to get a full ride.

But really, gun for t14 and NU in particular. The work experience "requiremet" has been relaxed and will probably be even more lax next year.

OnTheRise
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:49 am

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby OnTheRise » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:36 pm

.
Last edited by OnTheRise on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Crowing » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 am

Nova wrote:
Crowing wrote:
Splitter808 wrote:I guess I should have mentioned that I am not dead set on T14. I have no problem going to a regional school that is slightly lower on the list. Thanks for the input though


Well if that's the case you might be able to get a decent scholly from WUSTL. They offered me 90k last year as a 3.4/173.


WUSTL is a good choice. Also, if admitted, UMN would probably give you about a half scholarship.


I guess it depends on whether you want biglaw. If you do, I wouldn't take even a big scholly at WUSTL over T-14 sticker.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: 3.0/ 177

Postby Nova » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 am

Crowing wrote: I guess it depends on whether you want biglaw. If you do, I wouldn't take even a big scholly at WUSTL over T-14 sticker.


Yeah, for sure.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests