LSAT 149/GPA 3.4 Someone PLEASE help me?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
goldenflash19

Re: LSAT 149/GPA 3.4 Someone PLEASE help me?

Postby goldenflash19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Look up the employment stats for Whittier and Southwestern on lawschooltransparency.com

17.1% of Whittier grads got full-time legal gigs, and the non-discounted COA for the C/O of 2016 is over $240,000. Do the math, and retake.

LSHopeful123

Postby LSHopeful123 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:38 pm

justonemoregame wrote:E-mail a bunch of 2L/3Ls at Cooley, Florida Coastal, Phoenix, Barry, Thomas Jefferson - ask them if they have jobs lined up and what they would do if they were you.

That's actually a REALLY good idea. I went to an open house for southwestern and everyone there seemed all happy with their decision...but I think its because they chose the few happy students. Thanks for the advice!

LSHopeful123

Postby LSHopeful123 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:Look up the employment stats for Whittier and Southwestern on lawschooltransparency.com

17.1% of Whittier grads got full-time legal gigs, and the non-discounted COA for the C/O of 2016 is over $240,000. Do the math, and retake.

oh wow, this website is really helpful...haha

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:It's 2 years from the 1st time you took it. The 1st possible time you could have taken it and have had two retakes was last December, therefore, at the latest, you're eligible for a retake next December.

If you really want to be a lawyer, retake or don't go.

Is this true? I thought it was 5 years for some reason.

LSHopeful123

Postby LSHopeful123 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:It's 2 years from the 1st time you took it. The 1st possible time you could have taken it and have had two retakes was last December, therefore, at the latest, you're eligible for a retake next December.

If you really want to be a lawyer, retake or don't go.

Is this true? I thought it was 5 years for some reason.

Nope, just 2...and apparently its starts from the first time you took it!

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm

also keep in mind that LST is pretty forgiving. my school had 94% last year. somehow i doubt that 94% got full time gigs. if that was the case given the fact about 6% of the class is LLM, i wouldn't be studying on a thursday night.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

If not flame: I don't think going is a good idea. But then again it sounds like you have personal reasons and are set on it so you could apply and see what opens up. Edited for harshness; assuming not flame.

nelaw2010

Postby nelaw2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi,

I would love to help you, so please read my post and don't take offense to it!

1) Can you pm a breakdown of your last LSAT results.
- I would like to know how many you missed per section, and what you missed by question type in LR (Must Be True, Strengthen, Weaken).
- Did you drill by question type with the Cambridge LR by question type sections?

2) List what study methods you have used so far (BluePrint, PowerScore, etc)

3) Do you have a learning disability? I don't mean that as an insult.
- EDIT: I want to be clear as to why I asked this highly personal question. If you have some type of disability, you can request more time from LSAT. I did not to imply anything negative by asking this question.

4) How many words can you read per minute? If you're reading under 250 words per minute with low comprehension you will have a hard time in law school.

5) How many hours per day you were studying. I studied 3 hours per day for one year, took it twice (162, 167).
- Are you willing to follow a study plan that requires studying 3+ hours per day for one year?

I'm asking these questions b/c I'm concerned that there is a deeper problem here. If you really studied as aggressively as you claim (and I don't mean to doubt you), I don't understand how you got a 149. That score means that you missed about 50 questions, and the test is only 101 questions.

Please send me this info and let's talk.

Mr. Pancakes

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

nelaw2010 wrote:Hi,

- I would like to know how many you missed per section, and what you missed by question type in LR (Must Be True, Strengthen, Weaken).
- Did you drill by question type with the Cambridge LR by question type sections?

- EDIT: I want to be clear as to why I asked this highly personal question. If you have some type of disability, you can request more time from LSAT. I did not to imply anything negative by asking this question.

4) How many words can you read per minute? If you're reading under 250 words per minute with low comprehension you will have a hard time in law school.

5) How many hours per day you were studying. I studied 3 hours per day for one year, took it twice (162, 167).
- Are you willing to follow a study plan that requires studying 3+ hours per day for one year?

I'm asking these questions b/c I'm concerned that there is a deeper problem here. If you really studied as aggressively as you claim (and I don't mean to doubt you), I don't understand how you got a 149. That score means that you missed about 50 questions, and the test is only 101 questions.

QFnewengland law adcomm trying to recruit students on TLS.

nelaw2010

Postby nelaw2010 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
nelaw2010 wrote:Hi,

QFnewengland law adcomm trying to recruit students on TLS.

LOL!!!! Nope. Not at all. I'm a 2L. I had to work my ass off b/c I was doing horribly my practice LSATs. My GPA was low, so I had no choice but to study non-stop to improve my score. I'm just trying to help.

Return to “What are my chances?”