what are my chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bubc

what are my chances

Postby bubc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 pm

what are my chances
Last edited by bubc on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

mr.hands

Re: 3.41 LSAC, GPA 163 LSAT-- What are my chances?

Postby mr.hands » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Out at Emory and Fordham, i don't know the others well enough to say. Drop American from your list immediately. That is a terrible school and it's too expensive. Just look at Law School Transparency.

Also, retake

bubc

Postby bubc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:29 pm

I would if I mentally could (retake that is). I simply cannot go through that process again. I know American is very expensive, and I am not saying that I would necessarily go there, but I'm applying there so if you know my chances there, I would appreciate you tell me.

Anyone else? Getting nervous here. Also, I'm applying very early, not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Nickg415

Postby Nickg415 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 pm

I would say that you have a chance at Emory and Fordham. The majority of people around your numbers were getting waitlisted which, while it is an acceptance, you have a chance of getting off the waitlist you may even get an straight up acceptance if the decrease in apps has an affect on this cycle. Those other schools you have you can get into. Honestly you need to take a second look at your 'mental' abilities and SERIOUSLY consider retaking...as in there should be no reason you don't retake. Unless you were throwing down a PT every other day to study for the last LSAT there is room to improve.

Incubateus

Postby Incubateus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Check out my lsn profile. Same as my username. I had comparable numbers to you and did pretty well all around. I would say you'll be in at Brooklyn and Cardozo w/ money. American was weird this past cycle. I had friends with 4.0s and 160s that got waitlisted, but I knew people who had 150s and 3.5s that were accepted. Maybe it was a yield protect. Anyway, they were accepted off the waitlist, but already had better offers. You have a good chance at being waitlisted at Emory and Fordham. I was waitlisted at Emory. I didn't go after any of my waitlist schools because I was not really into paying full tuition. I think if I sent a follow up letter or two to Emory I could have worked my way in. All that said, last year was a strange cycle. Could go anywhere from here. good luck

jump_man

Postby jump_man » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

I had a 3.44 LSAC GPA and a 165 LSAT. I was waitlisted at Fordham (I withdrew before finding out if I got off the list; I already had better offers), and I also got $$ from Cardozo.

bubc

Postby bubc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 am

Thank you for your responses! You've been a great help.

And I agree, I feel like American let in people they would not normally let in. Their median LSAT/GPA seems lower than usual.

Return to “What are my chances?”