Average GPA, embarrassing LSAT scores but OMG I WANT THIS!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
paratactical

Re: Average GPA, embarrassing LSAT scores but OMG I WANT THIS!

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 pm

LittlePete83 wrote:OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M NOT GOING TO ACTUALLY STUDY FOR THE ADMISSIONS TEST AND JUST APPLY ANYWAY. OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M GOING TO OSTRICH WHEN IT COMES TO MY UG GPA. OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M GOING TO INSULT PEOPLE WHO POINT OUT MY POOR PREPARATION WITH THE NAMES OF JUDGES.

What I read.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:42 pm

It's Real cut throat on here.

Study and do well. Good luck!

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Crowing wrote:Lol @ "drinking kool-aid". That's pretty much the most redneck insult ever - I should know after living in MO for most of the past 15 years :wink:

I guess yall are too redneck to have hear of Jonestown or Jim Jones in MO.

LittlePete83

Postby LittlePete83 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm

paratactical wrote:
LittlePete83 wrote:OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M NOT GOING TO ACTUALLY STUDY FOR THE ADMISSIONS TEST AND JUST APPLY ANYWAY. OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M GOING TO OSTRICH WHEN IT COMES TO MY UG GPA. OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD I'M GOING TO INSULT PEOPLE WHO POINT OUT MY POOR PREPARATION WITH THE NAMES OF JUDGES.

What I read.

I'M AN ELITIST PIECE OF SH!T

What I read.

LittlePete83

Postby LittlePete83 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Oh, and to finally put this thread to rest, I ended up with a 171 on the October LSAT. I did enough prep and learned from my mistakes. The end.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:04 pm

LittlePete83 wrote:Oh, and to finally put this thread to rest, I ended up with a 171 on the October LSAT. I did enough prep and learned from my mistakes. The end.

Congrats, man.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:05 pm

LittlePete83 wrote:Oh, and to finally put this thread to rest, I ended up with a 171 on the October LSAT. I did enough prep and learned from my mistakes. The end.

3.2 / 171 = retake

congrats though

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Congrats. I'm glad you took the test again and should have better options to consider.

PickMe!

Postby PickMe! » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 am

LittlePete83 wrote:
Danteshek wrote:
LittlePete83 wrote:I've been around the block a time or two so I know that you can go to a school that isn't a T14 and still get a job at a decent firm that pays well. Sure it won't be as easy and there won't be as many jobs for a CU grad but I'm prepared to fight.

So clueless. I almost want to cry.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Or laugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmm you've been a TLS member since 2008 so that means you're either a 3L or a recent grad. In either case, you know everything there is to know about, well, everything.

But seriously, what are you doing here? Trying to break my spirit because you didn't pass the bar? Did your favorite professor ream you for incorrectly citing a case?

Don't cry for me, Cher Horowitz. You're the one who drank the T14 kool-aid. You think you need a Harvard diploma to make partner at a big firm? Wow. Naive and bitter. Not a good color on you.

It just got real. Lol

Funkycrime

Postby Funkycrime » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 am

I am VERY skeptical that you pulled a 171, given you posted such idiotic things and were content with a 151 just a few weeks before the October test.

The Platypus

Postby The Platypus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:02 am

Funkycrime wrote:I am VERY skeptical that you pulled a 171, given you posted such idiotic things and were content with a 151 just a few weeks before the October test.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 am

If you are serious, then please do tell us how you did that. That would be an epic jump.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 am

Never give up, my friend. I don't know much about Colorado or Denver but you seem like you can be the top dog at either. You go girl. :P

LittlePete83

Postby LittlePete83 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 am

Total Litigator wrote:

If you are serious, then please do tell us how you did that. That would be an epic jump.

I know it sounds like an unbelievable jump (and I honestly don't remember saying I was happy with a 151. I mean, seriously? If I did I definitely didn't mean it). It took a massive amount of work but I got it done. But here's how: First, I took time off from the test and thinking about law school to get my head on straight. I was dealing with some deep personal shit so therapy helped me get control of my anxiety which in turn helped me to stay calm leading up to the test so I could actually focus on the exam.

Second, I finally coughed up the cash and got a good tutor. I took every practice test I hadn't taken yet and learned what my weaknesses were. Mine were definitely time management and test anxiety. I was able to get through the test and answer (almost) every question with confidence. Boom: 171.

Oh, and I didn't put an insane amount of pressure on myself like I had in the past. I have a great job that pays the bills so I had a Plan B already in place. In a nutshell, I got professional help in the form of therapy and tutoring. I got my panic attacks under control and learned the test inside and out. Like everyone says: This test is 100% technique and it's ALL learnable.

LittlePete83

Postby LittlePete83 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 am

Funkycrime wrote:I am VERY skeptical that you pulled a 171, given you posted such idiotic things and were content with a 151 just a few weeks before the October test.

And I wouldn't call anything that I posted "idiotic." Stubborn, emotional, and irrational at times but I wouldn't go that far. I'd basically been studying for 4 years and when I started this thread I was in the midst of a "good Lord I'm about to turn 29 am I studying enough and is it worth it and what if I can't get this stupid test taken care of" crisis. I got serious with a tutor I had worked with in grad school and took as much time off of work that I could.

But seriously, I think it's time to drop this. I may still have an average GPA but I'm finally happy with my score. I still want to go to law school. So will you all move onto the next thread to harass the next one?

And can I just say that I HATE what I named this thread? If I could delete the whole thing I would.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 am

twentypercentmore wrote:The LSAT is easily the most learnable thing in the world. I went from a 148 diagnostic to a 180 (most recent was 177) from last October to now. It's totally possible. Use Pithypike's guide.The less debt you take on by getting your LSAT up, the better.

Good luck. :)

Edit: :? You should update the original post in this thread if you got a 171 OP. The below was posted prior to seeing that....

In response to the poster who claimed a 148 --> 180 jump: Holy wow. :shock: I think that type of jump is very rare, but apparently sometimes it can happen. I definitely disagree that anybody can learn to score a 180 though--1 in 6,000 actually achieve that score on test day, and it is typically not from lack of trying or lack of prep that the 5,999 fall short IMO (but in some cases it could be due to that). Even 170 will be a stretch for many people is the reality--and I mean after tons of practice (170 is still 97th%tile after all, among a competitive test-taking pool). But that doesn't mean it isn't worth trying.

Right now OP I would not go to any law school that will take you with your current numbers. All due respect, if you can't break 160 on next attempt after more study I do question whether you are cut out for the extremely detailed and logical and time-demanding work that law ultimately entails. That is aside from the fact that until you can hit around 170 none of the schools you can get into will likely be worth attending (with limited exceptions depending on scholarship offers or personal circumstances).

Return to “What are my chances?”