What are my chances as a science major? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
uga317

New

What are my chances as a science major?

Post by uga317 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to do patent law and am about to begin applying. What are my chances with a 168 LSAT/3.45 GPA as a microbiology major from a big state school? I went to UGA. I don't know how much extracurricular type things matter but aside from a steady history of volunteering with tutoring/coaching soccer what makes me most unique is I have a publication out on biofuel research i conducted as an undergraduate and I had an in-school fellowship for the same project as well. Any help would be appreciated! I was wondering what my chances at a t14 school might be?

SuperCerealBrah

Bronze

Re: What are my chances as a science major?

Post by SuperCerealBrah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:38 pm

uga317 wrote:Hi everyone!

I would like to do patent law and am about to begin applying. What are my chances with a 168 LSAT/3.45 GPA as a microbiology major from a big state school? I went to UGA. I don't know how much extracurricular type things matter but aside from a steady history of volunteering with tutoring/coaching soccer what makes me most unique is I have a publication out on biofuel research i conducted as an undergraduate and I had an in-school fellowship for the same project as well. Any help would be appreciated!
Your chances are going to depend on the schools you are applying to. Also, your chances will be the same as every other major. Law schools care about LSAT/GPA and LSAT/GPA only.

From what I understand, it will also be tough to get in biotech patent stuff with only a BA in Microbiology. A PhD is almost a necessity. Patent Litigation wouldn't be out of the question though.

uga317

New

Post by uga317 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks for the help! Haha I had always heard that being a science major might give me a bit of a push but I figured it couldn't really help that much. I also figured the outside activities couldn't help that much and at least now I'll know not to rest my hope on it giving me more of an edge.

SuperCerealBrah

Bronze

Post by SuperCerealBrah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 pm

uga317 wrote:Thanks for the help! Haha I had always heard that being a science major might give me a bit of a push but I figured it couldn't really help that much. I also figured the outside activities couldn't help that much and at least now I'll know not to rest my hope on it giving me more of an edge.
No problem, man. I was also a Microbiology person.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”