LSAT 178, Uni GPA 3.0, LSDAS GPA 2.6

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
asdfjo

LSAT 178, Uni GPA 3.0, LSDAS GPA 2.6

Postby asdfjo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 pm

My first two years at my uni were pretty atrocious, but I have flourished my last 2 [3.9-4.0 for the last 2 years].

I am a URM [Black, Female, LGBT] and am actively involved in community service and student orgs.

I have been on a few sites attempting to find a student with a profile similar to my own, but have been unsuccessful.

Realistically, what are my chances? Do ADCOMMS look at grade trends? How heavy will the soft factors affect my admissions decisions?

Swimp

Re: LSAT 178, Uni GPA 3.0, LSDAS GPA 2.6

Postby Swimp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Nobody's going to be able to answer this question with much confidence, since the sample size for LSN and similar sites is relatively small even if you're a white, straight male. The best you're going to get are anecdotes, which, of course, aren't very helpful in predicting your own outcome.

The URM status will help you, but it's hard to say how much. The LGBT bump will probably be marginal in comparison.

An upward grade trend is definitely a good sign (especially if you can account for how dramatic it is in an addendum), but at the end of the day, whatever schools accept you are going to have to stomach dropping that 2.6 into their pool, and that consideration is going to come before they even get to the trend.

This is a good time for you to be applying, given the dearth of LSAT scores in your range. There's a better chance that some school will suddenly want that 178 and be willing to take a small GPA hit for it. Unfortunately, I think you're going to have to endure some suspense and probably some waitlists.

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 pm

With a 178, URM you are looking at T14 acceptances. However, the cycles of splitters and URMs are so unpredictable.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 pm

I have a 2.2! (went from 3.2 to 2.2) Don't feel so bad.

Return to “What are my chances?”