Splitters school list Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Nickg415

Bronze

Splitters school list

Post by Nickg415 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Here are the schools I'm applying to. Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on how my cycle will go. my numbers are 3.2/170. By the end of this year I should have a 3.3. As you can see I am applying to schools all over the states. Thanks in advance for the input:

Boston College Law School
Brigham Young University--J. Reuben Clark Law School
Cornell Law School
Fordham University School of Law
The George Washington University Law School
Georgetown University Law Center
The University of Iowa College of Law
Lewis & Clark Law School
The University of Michigan Law School
New York University School of Law
Northwestern University School of Law
Notre Dame Law School
University of Oregon School of Law
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
university of pennsylvania law school
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law
University of Virginia School of Law
University of Washington School of Law
Washington University School of Law

bernaldiaz

Gold

Re: Splitters school list

Post by bernaldiaz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Nickg415 wrote:Here are the schools I'm applying to. Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on how my cycle will go. my numbers are 3.2/170. By the end of this year I should have a 3.3. As you can see I am applying to schools all over the states. Thanks in advance for the input:

Cornell Law School
Lewis & Clark Law School
Notre Dame Law School
University of Pennsylvania Law School

Seriously just do yourself a favor and ED UVA. Also then you don't have to bust your ass this year to raise your GPA. You'll be in to a top 10 school by October 1.

ctmx

New

Post by ctmx » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
Nickg415 wrote:Here are the schools I'm applying to. Just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on how my cycle will go. my numbers are 3.2/170. By the end of this year I should have a 3.3. As you can see I am applying to schools all over the states. Thanks in advance for the input:

Cornell Law School
Lewis & Clark Law School
Notre Dame Law School
University of Pennsylvania Law School

Seriously just do yourself a favor and ED UVA. Also then you don't have to bust your ass this year to raise your GPA. You'll be in to a top 10 school by October 1.

does a 3.3/170 really have that much of a chance at UVA ED? Im curious because I have a 3.32/170 and submitted my ED app on the 1st

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 pm

ctmx wrote:
does a 3.3/170 really have that much of a chance at UVA ED? Im curious because I have a 3.32/170 and submitted my ED app on the 1st
Ok so this is a search of LSN of 3.0-3.5 (all well below median) and 170 LSAT of people who did ED. 17 of 22 were admitted to Virginia. I imagine that now that high LSATs are more of a commodity that 77% is closer to a sure thing.

http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=3o5is

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:22 pm

I am torn between EDing to UVA and just riding out Waitlists. assuming I did not ED anywhere do I have any chance at getting T14?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Nickg415 wrote:I am torn between EDing to UVA and just riding out Waitlists. assuming I did not ED anywhere do I have any chance at getting T14?
http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=ot9p7

Basically, you MIGHT get into Michigan on down. Berny knows what's up. ED to UVA (although I think based on mylsn, the case could equally be made for ED Penn)

lilhugsy24

New

Post by lilhugsy24 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:59 pm

If I were in your situation I think I would ED Penn since they're employment numbers are a lot better than UVA's. ED Penn then go ED UVA if wait listed or moved to RD pile by Penn. But if u want to just maximize your chance at a T14 then TCR is ED UVA. Just depends on what you want to do. If you Don't ED, then You probably only get Georgetown and wait a long time for someone to pick you up off a waitlist, which may not happen. 1 or 2 points more on the LSAT may have helped you on that since you would have been above some 75ths. Just my opinion though. HTH and good luck with your cycle. Hopefully schools show the splitters some love this cycle.

Sorry for any grammar errors since I'm on my phone.

lilhugsy24

New

Post by lilhugsy24 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:04 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:
Nickg415 wrote:I am torn between EDing to UVA and just riding out Waitlists. assuming I did not ED anywhere do I have any chance at getting T14?
http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=ot9p7

Basically, you MIGHT get into Michigan on down. Berny knows what's up. ED to UVA (although I think based on mylsn, the case could equally be made for ED Penn)
Can you count Northwestern though since they mostly want people with Postgrad WE which OP doesnt have as he hasn't graduated yet?

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:25 am

Hence the huge "might" qualifier. When you're looking at a 50/50 chance at Michigan/GULC/Cornell, ED to UPenn/UVA is absolutely TCR.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I just sent in my ED app to Penn. I was going to do UVA but just didn't feel right so I sent theirs in RD. I finished Cornell and am just getting ready to send in Michigan's app. If I dont get Penn or get sent to RD (which I feel is likely) I'll switch my app to ED at UVA. Anyone know when they usually get back on the EDs I know its not UVA's 14 days but I'm hoping its pretty quick!

lilhugsy24

New

Post by lilhugsy24 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:53 am

I could be wrong but it looks like you're going to have to wait until December to get a decision back from your Penn ED. Good luck on Penn man, I'm hoping to ED there myself after the October test if I do well enough. I'm a splitter as well (hopefully).

Nickg415

Bronze

Post by Nickg415 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:Hence the huge "might" qualifier. When you're looking at a 50/50 chance at Michigan/GULC/Cornell, ED to UPenn/UVA is absolutely TCR.
I know this might be changing the direction of the thread but I am curious what the advantages are to going to UPenn over Michigan (Market access, employment, ect.). As I said before I EDed to Upenn and RD to UVA, Michigan, Cornell, Georgetown, Northwestern.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”