Just curious

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
pearla

Just curious

Postby pearla » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm

I am curious, if a 4.00 US masters degree would make up for a lack of US undergrad GPa. What exactly is being gauged with the US Undergrad degree?
And what are the odds in such a case:

International Undergrad/US Masters degree GPA 4.00/LSAT 165/ + URM status (AA)

Ti Malice

Re: Just curious

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Unfortunately, grad GPA carries essentially no weight. The LSAC will assign your undergrad performance a non-numerical evaluation. From what I've read, the LSAT will carry more importance for you than it already does for people with a reportable GPA.
Last edited by Ti Malice on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fruitoftheloom

Postby fruitoftheloom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Perla - the LSAC evaluates foreign GPAs too - they place them like into Highest honors / honors / average / below average (?? not sure on the correct rankings). It might actually give you a 'boost' because it doesn't directly compare to US Undergrad GPA and they don't have to report it.

pearla

Postby pearla » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks all. But how do you explain that the LSAT would carry more weigh for a URM (no US undergrad) vs URM (with US undergrad) in all instances? Would not this only make sense if the former applicant had NO degree at all from the US, which would make it difficult to compare his academic/language abilities to the later? :shock:

Return to “What are my chances?”