any chance at all at NYU with ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
julie2012

any chance at all at NYU with ED?

Postby julie2012 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 am

international student (therefore no GPA) and 168 LSAT. I can't retake this year, only option would be to retake in Feb/June 2013 and apply next cycle. Would much prefer to apply this year though.

So, I know it's a far shot but is there any chance at all if I ED??

Thanks for your help everyone!

JamMasterJ

Re: any chance at all at NYU with ED?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:41 am

We can't be certain, but it doesn't look good. Unless you had some extremely strong softs, a really good (albeit not mattering) gpa, and they had the medians secure, in which case you'd possibly get in off the WL. I think you should go ahead and do it, then if you don't get in, retake/reapply

indigomachine

Postby indigomachine » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:00 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:We can't be certain, but it doesn't look good. Unless you had some extremely strong softs, a really good (albeit not mattering) gpa, and they had the medians secure, in which case you'd possibly get in off the WL. I think you should go ahead and do it, then if you don't get in, retake/reapply

+1

julie2012

Postby julie2012 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I'm trying to decide whether to ED at NYU or at GW (because of money). Both are a bit of a far shot with 168 and no GPA ...

What is your take on
- success chances and
- which one would be more worth it if successful?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 pm

julie2012 wrote:Thanks for the replies!

I'm trying to decide whether to ED at NYU or at GW (because of money). Both are a bit of a far shot with 168 and no GPA ...

What is your take on
- success chances and
- which one would be more worth it if successful?

GW has very scary job prospects (do not believe anything they tell you without doing your own investigation). Also, you still may not get it as that scholarship basically goes to people who help boost both medians.

twenty

Postby twenty » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 pm

International students have gotten HYS with 174~. Study it up, retake in Feb/June, apply early next cycle. You're probably not getting NYU ED, and GW ED seems like a sell out since you basically have median everywhere.

top30man

Postby top30man » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:International students have gotten HYS with 174~. Study it up, retake in Feb/June, apply early next cycle. You're probably not getting NYU ED, and GW ED seems like a sell out since you basically have median everywhere.

Yes retaking is a good idea, especially since more than usual weight will be put on your lsat. Good luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”