LSAT 163 GPA 3.3. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES? NEED HELP!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jpinglet

LSAT 163 GPA 3.3. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES? NEED HELP!

Postby jpinglet » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:04 pm

I am a non URM with a low GPA and a decent LSAT score. I need help figuring out where I can realistically get in and where I could potentially receive scholarship. I worked throughout college (at times holding three jobs) and have worked at a law office as a bookkeeper/office manager for 3+ years. I'm hoping to stay more west coast and looking at schools like University of Washington, Lewis & Clark, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Hastings, University of Davis....am my on point or should I be aiming higher or lower?

katjust

Re: LSAT 163 GPA 3.3. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES? NEED HELP!

Postby katjust » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm

You will probably get in at most of those schools. However, none of those schools will likely give you a large scholarship. Back when applications were near their peak (2009) I got a good scholarship (most of tuition) from L&C and a decent one from UC-Boulder with a 164/3.88. I didn't apply to those other schools. Now that applications are down you might have a little better chance at scholarships than you would have before, but your GPA is significantly lower than mine. If you want a large scholarship you will have to apply to lower ranked schools (U of Idaho, Willamette, Gonzaga, lower-ranked CA schools) or you will need a significant bump in the LSAT (probably up to 167 or 168).

That's my somewhat educated opinion.

jpinglet

Postby jpinglet » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks! I am retaking the LSAT in October but wanting to plan with my old score just in case although my thought is I can do better.

theWordsmith

Postby theWordsmith » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Yea, I think all these schools are in your league. Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”