- Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sean21

New

-

Post by sean21 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:08 am

Berkeley? NYU?
Last edited by sean21 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sean21

New

-

Post by sean21 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 am

Oh, also, I'll be sending my apps out early, in September. If I do retake my LSAT, and inform them of this, how bad would it be if I took the LSAT, didn't feel like I did what I needed to and then canceled? Does this deal a blow to my application?

Sorry for the hypo but I need the advice before registering.
Last edited by sean21 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SemperLegal

Silver

Re: newspaper editor overseas, 3.84/167

Post by SemperLegal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 am

sean21 wrote:Oh, also, I'll be sending my apps out early, in September. If I do retake my LSAT, and inform them of this, how bad would it be if I took the LSAT, didn't feel like I did what I needed to and then canceled? Does this deal a blow to my application?

Sorry for the hypo but I need the advice before registering.
I had a soft with some of the same characteristics as yours, but that Berkeley definitely loved a little extra this year, pm for details. I had a similar GPA and a few points higher on LSAT. I feel as though I just slid in under the radar. I would try to retake it if you can. You don't want to put them in a position where they have to try and look past the LSAT. A few more points, which is hard to believe you wouldn't get will probably make you more safe and might get you a few dollars at another non-NU T14 that you can use for scholarship matching.

No insight on the cancel, but I would guess that its bad publicity.

P.S. Your job sounds pretty cool, hope you get in.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 pm

http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=7cnvm

Looks like you have a slim chance at NYU and Berkeley, but will most likely end up somewhere between Michigan, UVA, Duke, or Northwestern.

This being said, your work experience is a big plus if you work for a major newspaper. It may bump you over the hill for Berkeley, but that's impossible to determine beforehand in calculation since it's a rare plus feature to have for your application.

But, if you can crack a 170+ with a 3.84, you're looking at a lock at NYU and/or Chicago.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I think you're in at UM and you've got a shot at Berkeley. Out at UVA bc you're below both medians, out at Duke because they don't like LSATs below 169, and out at NU because your LSAT is too low for them.

An ED might change things but I don't think thatd be worth it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”