reverse splitter needs help!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Denning

reverse splitter needs help!

Postby Denning » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:37 pm

168 (one try) / 4.18

Decent softs and strong LORs (straight out from undergrad, though have some finance/law part-time experience for a few years)

What are my chances at the T14-20? In particular:
Stanford (reach)
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
Penn
Cornell
UCLA

Which schools do you think will be more forgiving of my lsat? And in that light, which one should I ED to? (Especially given Penn's two-tier ED now...) Whatcha guys think about any "boost" from the smaller pool this round?

Thanks -

catholicgirl

Re: reverse splitter needs help!

Postby catholicgirl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Denning wrote:168 (one try) / 4.18

Decent softs and strong LORs (straight out from undergrad, though have some finance/law part-time experience for a few years)

Stanford (reach)
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
Penn
Cornell
UCLA

Which schools do you think will be more forgiving of my lsat? And in that light, which one should I ED to? (Especially given Penn's two-tier ED now...) Whatcha guys think about any "boost" from the smaller pool this round?

Thanks -

Applied to a similar range with a similar GPA and lower LSAT, though my evidence is totally anecdotal and admittedly could have been the result of an awesome cycle.

Dinged at NYU, In at UCLA, wl then in at Chicago. In at UVA

You're probably out at Stanford and Columbia, you can ed to Penn if you want. I would strongly consider the other members of MVP as well.

top30man

Postby top30man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 pm

catholicgirl wrote:

Stanford (reach)
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
Penn
Cornell
UCLA

Thanks -

Applied to a similar range with a similar GPA and lower LSAT, though my evidence is totally anecdotal and admittedly could have been the result of an awesome cycle.

You're probably out at Stanford and Columbia, you can ed to Penn if you want. I would strongly consider the other members of MVP as well.

I wouldnt ED. With even less applicants, Penn may bite without an ED. And even if OP does not get into Penn, he would forgo likely great money at one of UVA/Cornell/Michigan.

catholicgirl

Postby catholicgirl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:48 pm

top30man wrote:
catholicgirl wrote:

Stanford (reach)
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
Penn
Cornell
UCLA

Thanks -

I wouldnt ED. With even less applicants, Penn may bite without an ED. And even if OP does not get into Penn, he would forgo likely great money at one of UVA/Cornell/Michigan.

True needing to ED with a 165+ to the lower T-14 may no longer be necessary.

top30man

Postby top30man » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm

catholicgirl wrote:
top30man wrote:
catholicgirl wrote:

Stanford (reach)
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
Penn
Cornell
UCLA

Thanks -

True needing to ED with a 165+ to the lower T-14 may no longer be necessary.

I think with last cycle being so odd, and no indication of applications spiking this year, T14s will have to get more splitter friendly just to maintain medians.

Denning

Postby Denning » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 pm

catholicgirl wrote:

Stanford (reach)
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
Penn
Cornell
UCLA

Thanks -

Thanks for all the responses!

Just wondering - did you apply ED to NYU?

catholicgirl

Postby catholicgirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:16 pm

No ED to NYU. Was not that interested.

Return to “What are my chances?”