3.6/165 Chance and GPA ???'s Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tbird

New

3.6/165 Chance and GPA ???'s

Post by tbird » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 pm

I am applying early(November) to all schools where I will apply with my LSAC GPA showing as 3.55. Most likely after this semester I will get that up to 3.6-3.62. Do most schools request your transcripts after fall semester? Or is that only if you get WL'ed? Also, is a 3.62 ALOT better than a 3.55?

For reference, I got a 165 on the June LSAT. May target schools:

1. ASU
2. UofA
3. BYU
4. Washington and Lee
5. UC Hastings
6. Pepperdine
7. Iowa
8. Boulder

My reaches:

1. USC
2. Minnesota
3. U Washington
4. George Washington
5. Cornell-Hail Mary

Maybe with my technical background (Chemical Engineering) some reach will bite, especially with applicant numbers being down next cycle if the trend continues. Chance me at those schools.

I have already checked LSN, and myLSN.info a million times, but am looking for opinions from experience about the change in GPA, and opinions accounting for the lower applicant numbers.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Re: 3.6/165 Chance and GPA ???'s

Post by UnamSanctam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 pm

I don't think you're going to see a marked shift from what LSN is telling you. Also, a 3.55 to a 3.62 is a pretty small shift, and not one that I think will have a significant difference.

1. ASU
2. UofA
3. BYU
4. Washington and Lee
5. UC Hastings
6. Pepperdine
7. Iowa
8. Boulder

1. USC
2. Minnesota (WL, Out)
3. U Washington
4. George Washington
5. Cornell-Hail Mary

Can you retake? If you score a few points higher you'd be a lock at 4 of those reaches and a decent shot at Cornell.

Return to “What are my chances?”