4.0 - LSAT on Dec 1, 2012

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
snorwood

4.0 - LSAT on Dec 1, 2012

Postby snorwood » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello -

I am interested in attending the top law school that is possible(which of course, coincides with my peronsal style). I went to Uoregon and majored in Business/Accounting, minor in Economics with a 4.0+. I will have 2 years work experience auditing start-ups in Silicon Valley and am a CPA. I started studying for the Dec 1, 2012 LSAT a week ago, which gives me 15 weeks total for studying. I know the higher the score, the better the school, the more $$$ in scholarships! Thus, my questions :

1- What is the minimum score I need to be guarenteed a t-14 (wont go unless I get into t-14/UT/UCLA)?
2- Will my CPA credential/experience play a valuable role in acceptance or be "lame" because it is accounting?
3- Should I wait for the next cycle if I want additional scholarships? (Due to a late application in the rolling admissions process)

I am pretty nervous already about doing well on the LSAT as I have never done poor on a test - but you never know! Any advise will help.

-Steven

Nova

Re: 4.0 - LSAT on Dec 1, 2012

Postby Nova » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:07 pm

1. Nothing is guaranteed.

2. Neither. Its a nice soft that will add to your application, but it will not make or break you.

3. No. Apply this cycle and see what happens. If you don't like how your cycle goes, Reapply.

twenty

Postby twenty » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

snorwood wrote:1- What is the minimum score I need to be guarenteed a t-14 (wont go unless I get into t-14/UT/UCLA)?

You'd probably be good for ED UVA at around 167 (forgive me if I'm wrong TLS, but doesn't ED end by the time December LSAT comes out?)

2- Will my CPA credential/experience play a valuable role in acceptance or be "lame" because it is accounting?

Neither, it might play slightly more role than what your favorite color is, HOWEVER, the work experience itself will be valuable to Northwestern which gives small boosts to applicants with professional experience. On top of that, the CPA experience will undoubtedly be very helpful around OCI time, regardless of which school you pick.

3- Should I wait for the next cycle if I want additional scholarships? (Due to a late application in the rolling admissions process)

You should if you get a meh-ish (167, for example) score on the December LSAT and get no scholarship luv. That implies retake, I might add. The lateness isn't honestly going to affect it that much,

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Questions have been answered, but I'd like to add that you shouldn't settle for less than a 170 score. That GPA can carry you full ride T14.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Questions have been answered, but I'd like to add that you shouldn't settle for less than a 170 score. That GPA can carry you full ride T14.

This. Hit a high score on the LSAT and it probably doesn't matter when you apply, you'll get your dough. Wasn't there someone that got offered the Ruby in June of this year? 173+ and you're more than golden.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Nova wrote:2. Neither. Its a nice soft that will add to your application, but it will not make or break you.

Was going to say it would give him a great shot at NU's sweet full-ride ED, but then noticed OP isn't taking the LSAT in time.

Return to “What are my chances?”