Predict my cycle!: Super bored at work edition.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
RSterling

Predict my cycle!: Super bored at work edition.

Postby RSterling » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Applying to HS on down plus U of Washington.

4.0/169 retaken from a 166 about two years ago (Oct 2010)

Softs are above average, but nothing that will shock you
Above average PS
Very strong LORs. Two targetted letters to Stanford from one alum and a former professor at the University (not the law school)

Bgibbs

Re: Predict my cycle!: Super bored at work edition.

Postby Bgibbs » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Retake again. Even getting 1 more point could make a big difference.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Bgibbs wrote:Retake again. Even getting 1 more point could make a big difference.

Wow, buzz kill. I can't take it again until December anyway. I've taken it three times (cancel in December 2010 along with those other two).

Ideally, I would retake this thing until I got a 180, but I put more time into studying than I'll ever be able to again for the forseeable future. I'm happy with where I'm at.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

RSterling wrote:
Bgibbs wrote:Retake again. Even getting 1 more point could make a big difference.

Wow, buzz kill. I can't take it again until December anyway. I've taken it three times (cancel in December 2010 along with those other two).

Ideally, I would retake this thing until I got a 180, but I put more time into studying than I'll ever be able to again for the forseeable future. I'm happy with where I'm at.

ED NYU or Chicago. I know a dude with your stats who got in off Chicago's WL and out at NYU and CLS. Also, retake.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
RSterling wrote:

ED NYU or Chicago. I know a dude with your stats who got in off Chicago's WL and out at NYU and CLS. Also, retake.

Not going to ED anywhere mostly because I want to keep Stanford in play. A guy I know got into SLS last cycle with identical numbers. I know it's a long shot, but I don't want to be left wondering.

Not that I didn't want the advice, but this is less of a thread where I'm asking where to apply and more of a thread where I'm asking for general comments on what folks think my cycle might end up like given subjective factors such as a decreased applicant pool and (likely) lower medians at some T14 schools.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm

RSterling wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
RSterling wrote:

Not going to ED anywhere mostly because I want to keep Stanford in play. A guy I know got into SLS last cycle with identical numbers. I know it's a long shot, but I don't want to be left wondering.

Not that I didn't want the advice, but this is less of a thread where I'm asking where to apply and more of a thread where I'm asking for general comments on what folks think my cycle might end up like given subjective factors such as a decreased applicant pool and (likely) lower medians at some T14 schools.

I don't think we'll really have an idea until class medians for our class come out, since the effect of decreased test-takers and applicants has not been completely seen yet. I think you have a chance at SLS, but without any interesting softs and only one stat above median, it's going to be an uphill battle. I think your best RD chances are at Boalt, Penn, and down. It's likely that you get one of CCN, but not a guarantee without ED.

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 am

If you really want Stanford, retake. Since Stanford is a GPA junkie, you've got a shot. But if you can get a 170-172, you're a lot closer to getting in.

Otherwise, you're fine, but if you also want Harvard...
http://www.hourumd.com/?lsat=169&gpa=4. ... o&range=no
You've only got a 25% chance of getting in, based on these numbers.

Now look at if you retake and get a 171:
http://www.hourumd.com/?lsat=171&gpa=4. ... o&range=no
That 25% shoots up to a 57%.

And now that the unsolicited advice part is over... I agree with the above poster. Your RD acceptances will probably be 7-14 (Boalt & down) as your LSAT falls close enough to their median and maybe NYU.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Ixiion wrote:If you really want Stanford, retake. Since Stanford is a GPA junkie, you've got a shot. But if you can get a 170-172, you're a lot closer to getting in.

Otherwise, you're fine, but if you also want Harvard...
http://www.hourumd.com/?lsat=169&gpa=4. ... o&range=no
You've only got a 25% chance of getting in, based on these numbers.

Now look at if you retake and get a 171:
http://www.hourumd.com/?lsat=171&gpa=4. ... o&range=no
That 25% shoots up to a 57%.

And now that the unsolicited advice part is over... I agree with the above poster. Your RD acceptances will probably be 7-14 (Boalt & down) as your LSAT falls close enough to their median and maybe NYU.

Our 25% went down to 169 so I actually think you have a decent shot here RD. Also, I don't think you should use hourumd.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:16 pm

RSterling wrote:Applying to HS on down plus U of Washington.

4.0/169 retaken from a 166 about two years ago (Oct 2010)

Softs are above average, but nothing that will shock you
Above average PS
Very strong LORs. Two targetted letters to Stanford from one alum and a former professor at the University (not the law school)

Do you have work exp. or are you straight out of Stanford?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 pm

http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=8rdxp

At minimum you'll get into Chicago and/or NYU. Columbia is an LSAT whore, so you probably won't get in there. HS are definitely a long shots, but not impossible if you have other positive items of your application (prestigious work experience, big name academic LORs, etc).

Return to “What are my chances?”