Double-Major

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ixiion

Double-Major

Postby Ixiion » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 pm

This isn't exactly a "what are my chances" thread but close enough...

Does the fact that I have a double major help my application? I'm trying to go for T14 schools and my current GPA is 3.72 and rising every semester. No matter what, though, I won't be able to get it higher than a 3.8 by the time I graduate (and that alone would require a 4.0 in each of the next 3 semesters). Would the fact that I have a double-major help a little bit in giving me a bit of a boost in terms of my GPA score, if it's slightly under what they desire?

(My majors are Criminal Justice and Psychology.)

2nd, albeit unrelated, question: does anyone know if the fact that my mother is a UVA alum would help my application to UVA? I know it used to, but I've heard that they've stopped giving "points" for that.

Re: Double-Major

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Ixiion wrote:This isn't exactly a "what are my chances" thread but close enough...

Does the fact that I have a double major help my application? I'm trying to go for T14 schools and my current GPA is 3.72 and rising every semester. No matter what, though, I won't be able to get it higher than a 3.8 by the time I graduate (and that alone would require a 4.0 in each of the next 3 semesters). Would the fact that I have a double-major help a little bit in giving me a bit of a boost in terms of my GPA score, if it's slightly under what they desire?

(My majors are Criminal Justice and Psychology.)

2nd, albeit unrelated, question: does anyone know if the fact that my mother is a UVA alum would help my application to UVA? I know it used to, but I've heard that they've stopped giving "points" for that.

1) No it won't help, especially when on of those majors is Criminal Justice.

2) No it won't help.

Ixiion

Re: Double-Major

Postby Ixiion » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Ok, thanks.

Return to “What are my chances?”