chances at berkeley?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
berkeleyorbust
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm

chances at berkeley?

Postby berkeleyorbust » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:40 pm

I graduated from a top 15 school with a 3.8 GPA. 169 december 2011 LSAT score. My recs will be solid and im working on crafting an impressive personal statement since I know thats big for berkeley. teaching abroad experience in china is prolly my best EC. pretty standard other than that.

bigvinny
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 am

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby bigvinny » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Retake.

Even a 170 would give you a better chance. A 172+ and you're probably a lock.

berkeleyorbust
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby berkeleyorbust » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:57 pm

thanks for your input.

anybody else?

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby outlookingin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 am

berkeleyorbust wrote:I graduated from a top 15 school with a 3.8 GPA. 169 december 2011 LSAT score. My recs will be solid and im working on crafting an impressive personal statement since I know thats big for berkeley. teaching abroad experience in china is prolly my best EC. pretty standard other than that.


Whoa, when I read your OP I kept on checking to see if I had written it myself and just messed up numbers as I slid into the twilight zone. I've got a 3.75 from a no-name school, but a 175 on my first test back in June. I live and teach in China. I'm writing my PS right now... it's fucking murder. My brain is fried because I want it to be perfect, but you know how that's going to work out..... Anyway, glad to have company in this struggle. Berkeley is my top choice, in case that wasn't clear from earlier haha

berkeleyorbust
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby berkeleyorbust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:23 pm

I really don't feel like retaking. What are my chances ED at Penn?

andreasmommy
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:23 am

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby andreasmommy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Whats your ethnicity?

Your numbers are solid, don't focus on retaking. Focus on writing an amazing PS, and you are in. You have 4 pages to sell yourself, focus your effort into there

bigvinny
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 am

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby bigvinny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 am

andreasmommy wrote:Whats your ethnicity?

Your numbers are solid, don't focus on retaking. Focus on writing an amazing PS, and you are in. You have 4 pages to sell yourself, focus your effort into there


He's out with anything lower than a 170....unless he's URM.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 am

bigvinny wrote:Retake.

Even a 170 would give you a better chance. A 172+ and you're probably a lock.


lolol

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: chances at berkeley?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 am

this has to be tag team trolling, no other explanation




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TripTrip, xn3345 and 3 guests