chances!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
zuluwarriors

chances!

Postby zuluwarriors » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 pm

finance is applying to law schools next cycle. she has a 3.32 gpa in finance, 1 year out of ugrad (but no post-college work experience - she bummed around last year). i will be starting in the fall as an associate at a firm, so we're only looking at schools where my firm has an office.

just wanted some outside opinions on what LSAT you think she'll need to get in october to have a shot at the following schools (we know most are a reach, but we don't think its really worth going to a school outside of T20). i applied a few years back when there were record numbers of applicants, so i don't know if the situation is different now.

ucla/usc
georgetown/gw
nyu/columbia
northwestern

thanks!

rad lulz

Re: chances!

Postby rad lulz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:29 pm

lawschoolnumbers.com

hichvichwoh

Postby hichvichwoh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 pm

get an lsat score first, then we'll talk.

it is absolutely, positively POINTLESS to ask "what lsat score should i get?" The answer is always the highest possible.

bigvinny

Postby bigvinny » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 pm

zuluwarriors wrote:finance is applying to law schools next cycle. she has a 3.32 gpa in finance, 1 year out of ugrad (but no post-college work experience - she bummed around last year). i will be starting in the fall as an associate at a firm, so we're only looking at schools where my firm has an office.

just wanted some outside opinions on what LSAT you think she'll need to get in october to have a shot at the following schools (we know most are a reach, but we don't think its really worth going to a school outside of T20). i applied a few years back when there were record numbers of applicants, so i don't know if the situation is different now.

ucla/usc
georgetown/gw
nyu/columbia
northwestern

thanks!

He'll need a 170+ just to crack the T14. He'll need a 175+ to even be considered at CNN with that gpa. Tell him to hit the books!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:39 pm

bigvinny wrote:
zuluwarriors wrote:finance is applying to law schools next cycle. she has a 3.32 gpa in finance, 1 year out of ugrad (but no post-college work experience - she bummed around last year). i will be starting in the fall as an associate at a firm, so we're only looking at schools where my firm has an office.

ucla/usc
georgetown/gw
nyu/columbia
northwestern

thanks!

He'll need a 170+ just to crack the T14. He'll need a 175+ to even be considered at CNN with that gpa. Tell him to hit the books!

eh, 172-3 and ED NYU

Return to “What are my chances?”