Chance me PLZ

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Rajo

Chance me PLZ

Postby Rajo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am

Hi, this forum has been very helpful. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what LSAT range would give me a shot at the following:

Stanford (dream), Columbia or NYU
Penn, Northwestern, Duke and Texas.

2.9 GPA (dropped from 3.3 last year of school/sickness/personal/financial problems)
156 Oct. 2011 LSAT (I was also sick at the time).
URM, AA male
Good/Average softs.

tpfennin

Re: Chance me PLZ

Postby tpfennin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 am

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 am

Consider reposting in this forum: viewforum.php?f=14

Im just going to disregard your 156 because that obviously wont get it done, and schools take your highest score, so it is basically irrelevent.

If you hit median at most top 14s, excluding Stanford, you would pretty much be a lock. You are almost certainly not getting into Stanford. They will take URMs with higher GPAs before you, even if they have slightly lower LSATs.

If you hit 167, you would pretty much be a lock at UT.

The problem you are facing is that if you dont hit median, schools are gonna take URMs with considerably better GPAs over you, even if they score a little lower on the LSAT. This is because if you dont hit median, you affect the medians the same way as any other URM under both medians.

Basically, Aim to score as high as possible. Dont keep your URM boost in mind. Know that if you hit median, you are looking at acceptances and $$. Good luck on the LSAT!

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:53 am

Right now you should study really hard for the LSAT. Your GPA is going to prob keep you out from HYS. and maybe even CCN (especially Chicago). I would say you should aim for the 170s. You will get a urm boost but from what I know the boost is mainly applied to LSAT scores not GPAs.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:04 pm

With a sub 3.0 and mid 150s, you're most likely out of the entire T14, even with a URM boost. Retake

Return to “What are my chances?”