International, 170.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby dingbat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

BKB wrote:
onionskin wrote:So let me get this straight, LSAC doesn't assign/convert true international transcripts into a GPA? And then schools will mainly only consider my LSAT?

I tried asking this before but didn't get much of a response.

Yes. You GPA matters little.

Some top schools allegedly do care and might not accept you without a superior evaluation.
That being said, your LSAT will be the predominant factor for your application.

Pazman
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 am

Re: International, 170.

Postby Pazman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 am

I would imagine it would matter to the extent that they would want you getting good grades (B+ at least), but would be less discerning when it came to the top end of grades. So I'd assume they would view an A- student fairly similarly as an A+ study, provided their LSAT and Personal Statements were high quality. Sound right?

onionskin
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby onionskin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:00 am

Any idea if the schools will get an actual copy of the transcript itself?

I wasn't going to be applying to any top schools (UW Seattle I think is highest) on account of my score (164) and the fact that my undergraduate career was something of a trainwreck I was lucky to walk away from with a degree.

Better get moving on that PS.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby dingbat » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:48 am

onionskin wrote:Any idea if the schools will get an actual copy of the transcript itself?

I wasn't going to be applying to any top schools (UW Seattle I think is highest) on account of my score (164) and the fact that my undergraduate career was something of a trainwreck I was lucky to walk away from with a degree.

Better get moving on that PS.
Yes, they get a copy of the transcript

BKB
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 am

Re: International, 170.

Postby BKB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm

onionskin wrote:Any idea if the schools will get an actual copy of the transcript itself?

I wasn't going to be applying to any top schools (UW Seattle I think is highest) on account of my score (164) and the fact that my undergraduate career was something of a trainwreck I was lucky to walk away from with a degree.

Better get moving on that PS.

Well, if you cannot even get an "above average" evaluation, then I think it will hurt your chance.

onionskin
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby onionskin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:20 am

Evaluation should be fine, it's just the numbers/grades that hurt me.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby dingbat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:31 pm

onionskin wrote:Evaluation should be fine, it's just the numbers/grades that hurt me.

???? this makes no sense ????

onionskin
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby onionskin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:27 am

Evaluations as in the form your evaluators fill out.

I was a good student, just terrible at exams. And I had a lot of fails/incomplete.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby dingbat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 am

onionskin wrote:Evaluations as in the form your evaluators fill out.

I was a good student, just terrible at exams. And I had a lot of fails/incomplete.

What grades?

onionskin
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby onionskin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I didn't get letter grades just a numerical mark (out of 100) for every course. I graduated with a Lower Second Class (C average?) but each year is weighted differently and there's no distinction between +/- and no GPA.

Well just suck it and see I suppose.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: International, 170.

Postby dingbat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:30 pm

onionskin wrote:I didn't get letter grades just a numerical mark (out of 100) for every course. I graduated with a Lower Second Class (C average?) but each year is weighted differently and there's no distinction between +/- and no GPA.

Well just suck it and see I suppose.

Don't worry. I had a Third and my cycle was perfectly fine




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests