My options?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Goirish1

My options?

Postby Goirish1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:13 pm

I have a 3.01 gpa heading into my senior year...I took the June LSAT got 152, but I'm going to retake and have a class lined up etc. I have decent work experience and good extra curriculars etc.

If my scores don't improve(which I doubt) what are my options for case western, northeastern Dayton, southern Illinois and marquette? And if I go ED to Marquette or northeastern or case western?

If this score isn't good enough would do you think would be acceptable?

Appreciate your help guys...

Lawquacious

Re: My options?

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 pm

What makes you think law is what you want to do?

Of those options I would try to improve your score to around 160 and then I bet you would have a decent shot at Case... but not sure. I don't think too many ppl who post on this board can give you good advice about these schools, other than perhaps don't go to them. Not trying to be harsh, but it is a crappy time to go into law, and unless you can hit at least 160 on your LSAT I'm not sure that a) you can get into a school worth attending (or get enough scholly at a school that would otherwise not be worth attending to make it worth attending), or b) that you would make a very good lawyer.

Edit: Probably flame BTW, but if not, above applies.

Jonathk1

Postby Jonathk1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:41 pm

--
Last edited by Jonathk1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 am

With a 3.0, youll need at least a score in the 160s to have a shot a decent situation.

You are below both medians at all the TTTs you mentioned, except Dayton. That typically means sticker. Dont go to a TTT at sticker.

With your current stats, you will likely not get into a top 100 school. If you do, it will be at the lower end and at sticker, which is not worth it. http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=y56gt

A score of low 160s would open up the entire 2nd tier. http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=f0rcn

Postby 1776 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Goirish1 wrote:I have a 3.01 gpa heading into my senior year...I took the June LSAT got 152, but I'm going to retake and have a class lined up etc. I have decent work experience and good extra curriculars etc.

If my scores don't improve(which I doubt) what are my options for case western, northeastern Dayton, southern Illinois and marquette? And if I go ED to Marquette or northeastern or case western?

If this score isn't good enough would do you think would be acceptable?

Appreciate your help guys...

CSU, Cincy, Akron, and OSU have better employment stats than Case. If you want Cleveland, CSU is cheaper and easier to get into. You may get in to Case, but CSU is more likely with your numbers. Akron is good for Akron, and outplaces it's ranking in OH.

You'd need around a 156-158 to get Marquette.

A reject for Northeastern, unless you are a URM.

bigvinny

Postby bigvinny » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:12 am

Nova wrote:With a 3.0, youll need at least a score in the 160s to have a shot a decent situation.

You are below both medians at all the TTTs you mentioned, except Dayton. That typically means sticker. Dont go to a TTT at sticker.

With your current stats, you will likely not get into a top 100 school. If you do, it will be at the lower end and at sticker, which is not worth it.

This is flawed advice that I've seen multiple times on this site. If you want to be a lawyer, do not let the prestige of the law school stop you. As long as you work out and do well in law school, you will get a good job. If it is your passion, don't let anyone (especially on an internet forum) steer you out of it.

North

Postby North » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 am

bigvinny wrote:This is flawed advice that I've seen multiple times on this site. If you want to be a lawyer, do not let the prestige of the law school stop you. As long as you work out and do well in law school, you will get a good job. If it is your passion, don't let anyone (especially on an internet forum) steer you out of it.

GTFO with your fucking awful advice.

theprophet89

Postby theprophet89 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:45 am

North wrote:
bigvinny wrote:This is flawed advice that I've seen multiple times on this site. If you want to be a lawyer, do not let the prestige of the law school stop you. As long as you work out and do well in law school, you will get a good job. If it is your passion, don't let anyone (especially on an internet forum) steer you out of it.

GTFO with your fucking awful advice.

Samara

Postby Samara » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 am

bigvinny wrote:
Nova wrote:With a 3.0, youll need at least a score in the 160s to have a shot a decent situation.

With your current stats, you will likely not get into a top 100 school. If you do, it will be at the lower end and at sticker, which is not worth it.

This is flawed advice that I've seen multiple times on this site. If you want to be a lawyer, do not let the prestige of the law school stop you. As long as you work out and do well in law school, you will get a good job. If it is your passion, don't let anyone (especially on an internet forum) steer you out of it.

So, 53.7% of the class at Case Western just wasn't trying? They didn't want a job anyway? Is that it?
--LinkRemoved--

Return to “What are my chances?”