Need some Help

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jonnyboy1

Need some Help

Postby jonnyboy1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey everyone so I'm new to TLS and just wanted some advice coming in. Dont know if this is the best place to ask this but I went to a T20 undergrad and have a 4.03 gpa. Studying like hell for the LSAT in oct. for the last two months but cant get higher than 166 on my diags. I have great softs and have been working for my local DA's office for the past 2 years. Is it possible to get into a top 5 or even top 10 with those scores? I just keep hearing next year classes sizes are going to be smaller and its going to be much more difficult than this years cycle. any advice on all this?

Scotchandsoda

Re: Need some Help

Postby Scotchandsoda » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm

jonnyboy1 wrote:Hey everyone so I'm new to TLS and just wanted some advice coming in. Dont know if this is the best place to ask this but I went to a T20 undergrad and have a 4.03 gpa. Studying like hell for the LSAT in oct. for the last two months but cant get higher than 166 on my diags. I have great softs and have been working for my local DA's office for the past 2 years. Is it possible to get into a top 5 or even top 10 with those scores? I just keep hearing next year classes sizes are going to be smaller and its going to be much more difficult than this years cycle. any advice on all this?

For the top 5 you'll def need to break the 170 mark to have a shot unless you're a URM.

Also, check out lawschoolpredictor.com and lawschoolnumbers to get a better idea.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 pm

what are these great softs of which you speak of? I ask because most people overestimate how good their softs are

NeedADrink

Postby NeedADrink » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 pm

jonnyboy1 wrote: I just keep hearing next year classes sizes are going to be smaller and its going to be much more difficult than this years cycle. any advice on all this?

Where is this from? Because I find it hard to believe.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:30 pm

jonnyboy1 wrote:1. Is it possible to get into a top 5 or even top 10 with those scores?
2. I just keep hearing next year classes sizes are going to be smaller and its going to be much more difficult than this years cycle.
3. any advice on all this?

1. Possible, but EXTREAMELY unlikely. http://myLSN.info/dispresults.php?sk=5g6ni
2. Not necessarily. Infact, most are predicting an easier cycle due to the app drop off.
3. Play with this: http://mylsn.info/ and study your ass off.

Return to “What are my chances?”