Bored at work? Chance me at some schools?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Easy-E

Re: Bored at work? Chance me at some schools?

Postby Easy-E » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am

TLSwag wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
TLSwag wrote:if you want a chance at a t14, ur gnna have to retake with that GPA. i don't know why above posters are making you think you have a chance and i am not trying to be harsh (as i am a fellow 169er myself). the score sucks for splitters cuz ur still below every LSAT median in the 14 (minus cornell, michigan - where ur GPA likely still precludes you from being admitted). im sorry though i don't see how you could pull GT or NW - not a chance in hell really. ur WAY below both 25th percentile GPA's and ur 1 point below each LSAT median. worth the app fees cuz the cost is so marginal in the end relative to the investment of law school, and you may have an OUTSIDE chance at cornell/michigan (i think i saw someone with a 3.26/169 get in Mich ED but he mentioned his chances on LSP were like 8% lol), but be realistic mane

I probably should have made it more clear but I'm talking about re-taking in October. I know no one likes hypotheticals, but I'm assuming (which I shouldn't) I improve to at least a 170. I know my chances in the T-14 with 169 are pretty dismal, and I could easily strikeout at all those reaches I mentioned.

Haha fair enough. I think that's a wise decision. Everything depends on a few more points & june was SHITTY curve

No need to remind me :cry: . If I had guessed the last two LG questions different, this thread would never exist. I think the chance of doing just one or two points better, and the long-term effect it could hold for me make retaking in October a given.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am

Does the 2 years WE make a difference for NU, or it more just that it's a requirement and not a boost?

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:08 pm

emarxnj wrote:Does the 2 years WE make a difference for NU, or it more just that it's a requirement and not a boost?

It's a requirement, unless you have insane numbers

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 pm

mr.hands wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Does the 2 years WE make a difference for NU, or it more just that it's a requirement and not a boost?

It's a requirement, unless you have insane numbers

Nope.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:59 am

Also, Temple was fairly stingy with financial aid last year, so I wouldn't expect anything close to a full ride as a splitter.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:30 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Also, Temple was fairly stingy with financial aid last year, so I wouldn't expect anything close to a full ride as a splitter.

I got a fee waiver from there and Villanova, so at first I figured I would apply but to be honest, I have zero desire of working in Philly. At this point, plan is improve LSAT by a few points, and break into the T-14. With some family help to assist with debt, it seems like the best (only) option for my goals.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 pm

emarxnj wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Also, Temple was fairly stingy with financial aid last year, so I wouldn't expect anything close to a full ride as a splitter.

I got a fee waiver from there and Villanova, so at first I figured I would apply but to be honest, I have zero desire of working in Philly. At this point, plan is improve LSAT by a few points, and break into the T-14. With some family help to assist with debt, it seems like the best (only) option for my goals.

Atta boy. Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”